It's raining equipment

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Quadfather

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Someone literally dropped a pair of Klipsch KG4's on my doorstep. They left a pile of equipment to go with it. None of it is quad, so they may wind up on Ebay, But those klipsch's might wind up being my center surrounds when I expand from 5.1 to 7.1.
The Quadfather

Someone literally dropped a pair of Klipsch KG4's on my doorstep. They left a pile of equipment to go with it. None of it is quad, so they may wind up on Ebay, But those klipsch's might wind up being my center surrounds when I expand from 5.1 to 7.1.
The Quadfather

WOW!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Quadfather

Well if u didnt order it / trade for it/ or part w $$$ for it...then Merry Christmas

Someone actually several months ago left a kerig coffe maker at my front porch...i still dont know who left it...obviously someone who knows i like coffee...dont use it much cuz i make coffee in a french press...but its good for the occasional single cup

Congrats

Well if u didnt order it / trade for it/ or part w $$$ for it...then Merry Christmas

Someone actually several months ago left a kerig coffe maker at my front porch...i still dont know who left it...obviously someone who knows i like coffee...dont use it much cuz i make coffee in a french press...but its good for the occasional single cup

Congrats
Yeah, I do know who left the equipment, it was my boss. Someone gave it to him. It's older equipment, but it's in mint condition. I haven't tested it, but I can fix it if it's broke.

Very nice!!! I love Klipsch!!!

I wonder how they will match up with my JBL 4311 control monitors? They have an interesting resonator on the back, which looks like a woofer. It may actually be a woofer, but I seem to recall from my hifi repair days that it's a resonator. There's some very nice Kenwood gear, and a really nice graphic equalizer with a 12 channel spectrum analyzer built in. There's also a very nice CD player. But it is just a CD player, but a nice one.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
Wow, that was quite a downpour!
Hard to say how they’ll sound with your JBLs...they are pretty different types of speakers. But it won’t cost a thing to try!
When I added my ceiling speakers recently, and ran through the Audyssey setup, there was a big difference in the sound of the test signal when it hit the ceiling speakers. My setup started with a 5.1 matched set and I added another set of mains for my surrounds and moved the original surrounds to the rear. The Audyssey sweep signal sounds very similar through those 7 speakers, but the ceiling speakers were quieter and muffled compared to the others. Ok, Audyssey will EQ those speakers for a flatter response at the MLP but how can an amp deal with different speaker sensitivities? I don’t think the test sweep is checking/adjusting dB levels across multiple input levels. So it seems that you could have a volume balance issue with different unmatched speakers.
Looking at the specs of your JBL vs Klipsch speakers, the sensitivity ratings are 91 and 94 dB. Now add the horn tweeters on the Klipsch and I can easily believe they’ll sound brighter and louder than the JBLs. But again, it won’t cost a thing to try!
I hope they sound great!

The Quadfather
What are your mains/rears?

I have a pair of 4312B in my higher powered stereo system. The Klipschs are a very different sound.

Back