"Jazz, We Can" - Latest DVD-A from QuadroSurround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I received a review copy of the latest DVD-Audio release from Germany's "Quadro-Surround" label, run by QQ Forum Member Dietrich.

It's an 18 track disc by a traditional Dixieland style Jazz Band, like one you might hear in New Orleans or at a Jazz Club. As with all Quadro-Surround releases, the emphasis in on the surround, and the mix does not disappoint. The 7 member "Old Merry Tale" Jazzband is spread out around the 4 corners, and the sound reminds the listener of the Enoch Light quad releases, with less polish and more raw energy.

The song selections vary from traditional Jazz Hall classics like "Way Down Yonder in New Orleans" to tunes like "Stranger on the Shore" and from one extreme to another, like going from Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" to "Jingle Bell Rock!!" :mad:@:

I don't rate this as high as the Quadro-Surround Classical Release prior to this one, but I can recommend it to anyone who is a Jazz Hall band fan, especially if they are surround fans. There are vocals on some of the songs, and since I prefer pure instrumentals, maybe that sways my highest praise with regards to this release, but still it's another wonderful effort from Dietrich and his crew.

If you are up for some surround sound Jazz Hall Band music, this is the disc for you! Check it out and let us know what you think.

Jazz We Can Front.jpg
Jazz We Can Back.jpg

Thank you Jon for your kindly review about our newest productiion. I own have a musical taste for many styles, but others may like especially one style. So we have till now and will further on produce different styles of music - from Latin to Rock to Classic, which Jon likes especially, and now Jazz. This Band plays not only New Orleans Jazz, but sounds by some titles some modern like Rock. We produce in opposite to some other and big firms (whem they produce anyway in surround) most actual recordings or never before produced in surround titles. Something is possible for an actual quadraphonic sound by new productions. But it is also dependent from the assistance of the fans. Those, who will buy our "Jazz, we can" should have real fun by listening.

Dietrich

Now you can listen by 3 sound examples, how the Old Merry Tale Jazzband sounds. You find it on our webside www.quadro-surround.de and look by music-examples.

By the way - it would also interesting for us, which art of music you would prefere. So we may find out a trend, which type or style of music is most wanted. In opposite to others we like to have a contact to the suriound-fans and want to know, what they mean. For example we have plans for recording Reggae music oder such with synthesizers. From our erly recordings we will re-release a group with Rock'n Roll music after a digital polish. etc. Also a further Rock group is in preparation.

Dietrich

Dietrich, your productions cover quite wide musical spectrum which is good imo. I'd buy almost all of your albums if my budget wasn't be limited. Maybe more rock titles would get greater attention.

Hello Grill,

thank you for your answer. For those, who have at the time only a small budget for their quadraphonic hobby, we will offer "soon", which means 6 weeks, a sample of our first 5 productions with a some less price. But for our regular productions we need our normal price of $ 20 (including the mail).It is also a special production, which has of course some costs of any thousands dollars each. And I think, those fans, who pay for old re-releasings around $ 50 or 90 could pay also our price for new recordings. Actual we have no profite, but a real loss balance. No big firm would produce new quadraphonic software, when a lot of the fans are ingnoring that. We, I and my professional helpers, make it by idealism for the surround sound in quadraphonic mode, which should sound also actual with actual software. But also an idealism has a boundary.

Dietrich

QQ Members should be very proud of Dietrich and his 'Quadro-Surround' label, because instead of complaining about lack of surround product, he has taken a bold step and actually produced quadraphonic product himself! Sure, it's not Led Zeppelin or The Beatles, but it's good music, the surround is excellent, and he has offered a very diverse selection of titles so far. These discs sound great. I mean, they REALLY SOUND GREAT! You don't have to like every one, but if you see one that interests you, it would not hurt you to order it and try it and post your opinion. Every disc he sells helps to get more releases and maybe one of those will peak your interest.

Give the guy a shot. Like I said before, my favorite so far is the Classical Disc, but you may favor the Jazzband, or the Latin Music disc, or the folk music disc. These discs are not expensive, and I am sure you will receive then quickly once you order one. If he sells 150 titles, he claims he will break even. Here is where QQ members can make a difference.

Please see the Quadro-Surround website for details.

http://www.quadro-surround.de/english/

Some of the actual viewer by our DVD-Audio announcings may not know it. So I will tell it again: Because the DVA-Audio players may not really much wiedespread among the fans, our discs have additional a Dolby Digital track which sounds also very fine. So our DVD-Audio iis fitted for a play with each DVD(Video) Player. The selection, which track is playing works automaticalley. DVD-Audio by those players and DD by DVD players. All without menu. And for lovers of pictures they can see on the TV by playing the music some pictures. So far a few technical tips about our consumer friendly DVD-Audio version.

Dietrich

Back