Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
importCD is sure taking their time getting this title listed. I'm sure they will be the cheapest...compared to Amazon US & Bullmoose that is.
They were quick listing Al Stewart Past, Present and Future, i wonder what's the hold up? In the meantime, I have an order placed at Amazon

It seems like a good chunk of Bursting Out may be redundant with the live Bern show included with the Heavy Horses New Shoes edition?

Wikipedia Bursting Out description.
"The exact date for every single song has not been made public, but the introduction by Claude Nobs, most of "Flute Solo Improvisation", "Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die", "Aqualung", "Locomotive Breath" and "The Dambusters March" were recorded at the Festhalle in Bern, Switzerland, on May 28, 1978. The Bern show was recorded on a 24-track, while the rest of the shows were recorded on an 8-track. Ian Anderson recalled going through "hours and hours" of recordings in order to select the best takes. Additional sweetening was done at Maison Rouge Studio in June 1978."

SDE Heavy Horses New Shoes description.

(I ordered it anyway...)

Funnily enough, I was the one who wrote that paragraph. Someone else kept writing that only the Berne show was recorded and mixed, even though all sources prove otherwise. That's the problem with Wikipedia: sometimes people will add unsourced crap but will revert your removals because you didn't post a source yourself.

Anyway, I wouldn't call "Bursting Out" redundant; I prefer some of the album takes compared to the Berne show. Most importantly, although we only heard a few seconds on a Facebook video up until now, Steven Wilson's remix seems to be the best sounding version of live material from this era.

Funnily enough, I was the one who wrote that paragraph. Someone else kept writing that only the Berne show was recorded and mixed, even though all sources prove otherwise. That's the problem with Wikipedia: sometimes people will add unsourced crap but will revert your removals because you didn't post a source yourself.

Anyway, I wouldn't call "Bursting Out" redundant; I prefer some of the album takes compared to the Berne show. Most importantly, although we only heard a few seconds on a Facebook video up until now, Steven Wilson's remix seems to be the best sounding version of live material from this era.
Good to see you here. I'm happy, I enjoyed the 5.1 and stereo.
:cool:

Do you not get hit with HST and handling fee i have in the past
Well, I've tried to follow the logic of them imposing import fees on stuff but I can't work out whatever the formula is that they impose. Canada Post, it seems, always wants to connect import fees above $100, but FedEx and DHL never have on similarly priced items.

🤷‍♂️

Back