Jethro Tull - Passion Play (2cd/2DVD) PREORDER

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Just $25.60 at Burning Shed.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/jethrotull/

Now I am excited!!!

Alongside Thick As A Brick, 1973's A Passion Play is Jethro Tull's most overtly Progressive and conceptual release, featuring a complex poetic narrative framed by the most adventurous music of the band's career.

A #1 US hit on its release, the album offers dazzling virtuoso instrumental passages, evocative synthesiser sequences, and fuses Folk, Jazz and Rock influences in a strikingly unique, wholly Jethro Tull way.

A Passion Play (An Extended Performance) features new Steven Wilson mixes (stereo and 5.1) of the album, alongside Steven Wilson mixes of the infamous 'Chateau Disaster' recordings that preceded APP.

Packaged with an 80 page book detailing the album, the band's 1973 tour and the Chateau recordings, (An Extended Performance) is a glorious way to celebrate a one of a kind release.

Pre-order for June 30th release.

preorder ($25.60 USD)

Tracks
CD 1 - A Passion Play (A new Steven Wilson stereo mix):

1. Lifebeats/Prelude
2. The Silver Cord
3. Re-Assuring Tune
4. Memory Bank
5. Best Friends
6. Critique Oblique
7. Forest Dance #1
8. The Story Of The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles
9. Forest Dance #2
10. The Foot Of Our Stairs (+ 2 extra verses found on end of multi-track reel)
11. Overseer Overture.
12. Flight From Lucifer
13. 10.08 to Paddington
14. Magus Perde
15. Epilogue

CD 2 - The Chateau d'Herouville Sessions (A new Steven Wilson stereo mix):

1. The Big Top
2. Scenario
3. Audition
4. Skating Away
5. Sailor
6. No Rehearsal
7. Left Right
8. Solitaire
9. Critique Oblique (Part I)
10. Critique Oblique (Part II)
11. Animelee (1st Dance) [Instrumental]
12. Animelee (2nd Dance) [Instrumental]
13. Law Of The Bungle (Part I)
14. Tiger
15. Law Of The Bungle (Part II)

DVD 1 (Audio & Video):

Contains A Passion Play mixed to 5.1 DTS and AC3 Dolby Digital surround sound and PCM 96/24 PCM stereo. A flat transfer from the original master at PCM 96/24 stereo and video clips of The Story Of The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles an intro and outro film footage used in the Passion Play tour of 1973.

DVD 2 (Audio only):

Contains The Chateau d'Herouville Sessions mixed to 5.1 DTS and AC3 Dolby Digital surround sound and PCM 96/24 PCM stereo.

In the 80 page book:

* An extensive article by Martin Webb on the preparation and recording of the album and the 'Chateau disaster' sessions that preceded it.

* Steven Wilson's thoughts on mixing the recordings.

* Memories of the cover shoot and Hare filming by dancer Jane Eve (Colthorpe)

* The Rev'd Godfrey Pilchard's recollections.

* 1973 tour history.

* Recollections of touring and PA systems by sound man Chris Amson.

Just $25.60 at Burning Shed.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/jethrotull/

Now I am excited!!!

For US residents though, amazon still can't be beat (mostly due to the higher shipping costs of going from the UK to the US with BS)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J4A27B2/

With that being said, this could be the best Jethro Tull remix reissue so far because we're not only getting one full album in surround but TWO full albums!
"Aqualung" and "Benefit" only provided a couple extra tracks in surround ("Thick as a Brick" had NO bonus tracks at all), and given the relatively inexpensive price, this one (APP) is the real deal!

Too bad it's not DVD-A or Blu-Ray though…but hey if that's my only negative I call that one a win! :)

Is there anyone that has any idea what the exact DTS specs are going to be on this release? Is it 48/24 or 96/24 for the 5.1 DTS?
Not that it matters, really. I just need to know this. I think :rolleyes:

Benefit and Thick As A Brick were both DTS 96/24, so one would assume this one would follow suit..

In Germany only, apparently...
Cancelled my order with Amazon.de and (p)re-ordered it at The Burning Shed and it has already been posted. YESSSSS, haha!

I ordered from Amazon UK, it was dispatched to me yesterday, and should be with me today :banana: I wonder why it was delayed in Germany.

I cancelled my order from Amazon.co.uk and ordered it from Amazon.de instead.
I know that it will arrive later, but it was cheaper to order from germany AND there are many releases so I have time to discover the Pink Floyd Set, the Marley disc, the disappointment (Soundgarden) and so on until A Passion Play will arrive.
So....enough to hear right now.

The Marley disc is fabolous. And I am not a reggae-fan.... :)

I cancelled my order from Amazon.co.uk and ordered it from Amazon.de instead.
I know that it will arrive later, but it was cheaper to order from germany AND there are many releases so I have time to discover the Pink Floyd Set, the Marley disc, the disappointment (Soundgarden) and so on until A Passion Play will arrive.
So....enough to hear right now.

The Marley disc is fabolous. And I am not a reggae-fan.... :)

A Passion Play is on my "I can't wait for" list. The Marley disc isn't on my shopping list, but I may have to go for it after all.

Did you get the Steve Hackett Albert Hall bluray set? I was only going to go for the dvd of this one. With the exception of Steven Wilson ones, I'm unconvinced by the benefits (soundwise) of live blurays over dvds. So I was waiting for any comments on the Steve Hackett bluray before I decided on my format for this one.

I hope it's not another DVD glitch like TAAB.. still reeling from that one, with no replacement from Amazon I'm stuck with a crappy disc not fit for purpose :(

I hope it's not another DVD glitch like TAAB.. still reeling from that one, with no replacement from Amazon I'm stuck with a crappy disc not fit for purpose :(

No replacement from Amazon.co.uk on TAAB?
I must have been lucky then: I wrote to them as soon as I found out I had a "glitchy" DVD-disc and received the whole package new, without even having to return the old disc or set. Compliments of Amazon.

But I do hope there is no glitch this time with APP, but now you mention it... it is strange that is delayed in Germany. Wonder what they know that we don't.

No replacement from Amazon.co.uk on TAAB?
I must have been lucky then: I wrote to them as soon as I found out I had a "glitchy" DVD-disc and received the whole package new, without even having to return the old disc or set. Compliments of Amazon.

But I do hope there is no glitch this time with APP, but now you mention it... it is strange that is delayed in Germany. Wonder what they know that we don't.

Amazon UK never offered me a replacement. I guess I should have been more pro-active.. ah well, I'll pick up one of the American sets in time, apparently they're all ok.

True.. those klever Krauts! :p

Mine arrived this morning. I've taken the rest of the day off to listen to it :eek:

Best Friends blasting away now.. so far so good.. no glitches, sounds great and the surround mix, well.. need I say more!?

Me too, its just arrived. At home, kids are out, here goes :banana:

For those of you who didn't preorder on amazon at the $28 price, it's available for the next 5 1/2 hours from POPMARKET.com for $29.99 :)

Back