Jethro Tull - 'Stormwatch 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh oh, another email from Pete at Burning Shed and it's not good news:
Hi

Thanks for your order for Jethro Tull – Stormwatch (The 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition).

We are sorry to have to tell you that Warners have put the UK/Ireland release date back again, this time to 29th of November 2019. This is due to a manufacturing delay on the re-press.

Warners have apologised for any inconvenience and we appreciate that this is very frustrating. It is for us too. We just want to get your copy to you.

Please be assured that you will still get an exclusive postcard and 500 lucky orders will receive a card signed by Ian Anderson.

We will be including a set of exclusive Jethro Tull beer mats in your order by way of apology.

Warners have also promised that on the forthcoming vinyl edition of Stormwatch we will be able to ship orders two weeks ahead of anyone else.

We may also have an exclusive coloured vinyl version of Stormwatch and subsequent vinyl releases (more news on that to follow).

Once again, we’re sorry for the situation, all of which is beyond our control.

Kind Regards

Pete

Uh oh, another email from Pete at Burning Shed and it's not good news:
Hi

Thanks for your order for Jethro Tull – Stormwatch (The 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition).

We are sorry to have to tell you that Warners have put the UK/Ireland release date back again, this time to 29th of November 2019. This is due to a manufacturing delay on the re-press.

Warners have apologised for any inconvenience and we appreciate that this is very frustrating. It is for us too. We just want to get your copy to you.

Please be assured that you will still get an exclusive postcard and 500 lucky orders will receive a card signed by Ian Anderson.

We will be including a set of exclusive Jethro Tull beer mats in your order by way of apology.

Warners have also promised that on the forthcoming vinyl edition of Stormwatch we will be able to ship orders two weeks ahead of anyone else.

We may also have an exclusive coloured vinyl version of Stormwatch and subsequent vinyl releases (more news on that to follow).

Once again, we’re sorry for the situation, all of which is beyond our control.

Kind Regards

Pete

Presume Amazon UK will be saying the same soon.
As of 8.50 pm 12/11/19, it still says release date 15/11/19.....Humm

"Subsequent vinyl releases?" That suggests the series, as a whole, will continue! [emoji1696]
I can't see why they wouldn't continue, assuming that they have all the necessary tapes etc. and the sets only seem to be getting more popular. Plus there was a recent IA interview where he says SW has shown an interest in doing a couple more post Stormwatch, which will no doubt be 'A' and Broadsword. I hope SW finds it rewarding to continue being involved in the series, maybe he'll decide to complete the series as it's his baby, maybe he'll let someone else do the last few like I guess happened with Crimson. Anyway, I think it is a miracle and a monumental achievement to have the first 12 Tull albums in 5.1, quite incredible really, long may they continue...

Amazon UK charged my card this evening so it appears it will be on the way tomorrow.

I would imagine Amazon have sent them to the UK from one of their other sites so it's probably the first pressing. I did wonder why they didn't do this earlier but I gather they were not allowed to ship before the new UK release date. That's my guess anyway!

Last edited:
I would imagine Amazon have sent them to the UK from one of their other sites so it's probably the first pressing. I did wonder why they didn't do this earlier but I gather they were not allowed to ship before the new UK release date. That's my guess anyway!
One person over at SHF said they got a shipping notice from Burning Shed but it seems a bit odd to me that he was the only one?

come-to-butthead_o_2252481.jpg

Back