Jethro Tull - 'Stormwatch 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cover :)
And full details at jethrotull.com: http://jethrotull.com/stormwatch-40th-anniversary-edition-announced/

:)

Jethro.jpg

Last edited:
Steven Wilson weighs in on Facebook:
18th October will see the release on RHINO / Parlophone of another in the series of remixed Jethro Tull deluxe editions. Stormwatch: The 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition is a massively expanded 6 disc version of the band's 1979 album Stormwatch. CD1 includes my remix of the original 10 track album, while CD2 includes 72 minutes of associated recordings all freshly remixed, including several previously unreleased songs from the sessions (see below for full contents of this disc). Perhaps of particular interest to fans is that key track Orion was recorded as a significantly longer and more complex piece before being edited down to less than half its length for the album. The complete unedited master has been mixed and is presented here for the first time. CDs 3+4 include a concert recording from March 1980. Finally, two DVDs include all of the remixed material in high resolution stereo and 5.1 surround sound. As always with these deluxe Tull book editions, it's likely to be a one-time manufacturing run, so pre-ordering is advised. News on that coming soon!

Disc Two: Associated Recordings (all new 2019 remixes)
1. Crossword (3.35)
2. Dark Ages (early version) (11.54)*
3. Kelpie (3.33)
4. Dun Ringill (early version) (2.42)
5. A Stitch In Time (4.26)
6. A Single Man (2.39)*
7. Broadford Bazaar (3.44)
8. King Henry’s Madrigal (3.03)
9. Orion (full version) (9.13)*
10. Urban Apocalypse (4.46)*
11. The Lyricon Blues (5.14)
12. Man Of God (6.31)*
13. Rock Instrumental (unfinished master) (3.30)*
14. Prelude To A Storm (2.30)*
15. Sweet Dream (live) (4.38)
* Previously unreleased

Great to see this finally announced. I'm a little sad that it is the last one of my favourite line up, but also elated that they have completed all of them to this point. 12 albums of the catalogue is quite an achievement, especially considering the extra content. I also think it is quite extraordinary that all of the multi tracks were available bar some of 'Too Old' if memory serves. Really looking forward to this one, long may they continue! Pre-order now up at the Shed...

Stormwatch Force 10 Pre-order

Last edited:
I’ve never listened to this album but I’m definitely getting it just to annoy my misses as she hates flutes! I’ve always loved Dunringill live from my ‘20 years of’ box set so it’s a must buy for me. It’d be rude not to buy it when I have the full collection so far barring Benefit because it’s not been redone in the same style as the rest and my OCD nature can’t take that! When is that going to be sorted out?

$43.22 USD (at Burning Shed) is a VERY attractive price for this. I'm going to wait for Amazon's preorder price though.
And the Pricewatch begins!
I sure hope some retailer presents a bargain. I got Songs from the Wood for £24.03 shipped. And the other sets for similar prices.

Last edited:
For me this is the best bonus group since Broadsword. I'm worshiping Man Of God (my latest ear worm). Passion in that repetitive vocal. Over all view of this set: Martin Barre is confirmed as a guitar god. 5.1 is a monster. Blown away!
:angel:

1. Crossword (3.35)
2. Dark Ages (early version) (11.54)*
3. Kelpie (3.33)
4. Dun Ringill (early version) (2.42)
5. A Stitch In Time (4.26)
6. A Single Man (2.39)*
7. Broadford Bazaar (3.44)
8. King Henry’s Madrigal (3.03)
9. Orion (full version) (9.13)*
10. Urban Apocalypse (4.46)*
11. The Lyricon Blues (5.14)
12. Man Of God (6.31)*
13. Rock Instrumental (unfinished master) (3.30)*
14. Prelude To A Storm (2.30)*
15. Sweet Dream (live) (4.38)

I ordered it on burning shed

If anyone is waiting for the price to drop you may miss out as has happened with some of the Jethro Tull boxes.
£35 is a great price!

Back