Jethro Tull - 'Stormwatch 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright folks; still not sure what's going on here, please help an old mutt out!
Here is a screen shot from Amazon US.
What's the difference between the two versions shown?
And, are there any cheaper prices for US distribution?

Thanks!
AMAZON-US STORMWATCH.jpg

Alright folks; still not sure what's going on here, please help an old mutt out!
Here is a screen shot from Amazon US.
What's the difference between the two versions shown?
And, are there any cheaper prices for US distribution?

Thanks!
View attachment 43620
This is what I've been bitching about Pups with Amazon
Both the same
But some dudes trying to make a killing by getting Amazon to describe the expensive option with the correct details.

What you mean Ryan? Not impressed with the sound quality, or not impressed with content, etc?

Most of the content is definitely not as good as previous Jethro Tull releases, but I'm not as impressed with the 5.1 mix on a lot of the tracks either.
Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but it pales compared to other releases in the series.

This is what I've been bitching about Pups with Amazon
Both the same
But some dudes trying to make a killing by getting Amazon to describe the expensive option with the correct details.
Also don't understand why Amazon US has the set now, but Amazon.co.UK won't release until Nov. 15th?
Looks like I can save $10 US if I go with Amazon.co.UK.; and from what rtbluray is saying I'm not in any hurry.
Wacky all 'round Amazon - just WACKY!

Because Warner f'd up and didn't send enough copies to the UK Pups.
Everybody else got their's ….grr

And a fellow QQ'r from UK got his from Amazon UK....wtf
I have all this via chat with Amazon and so far no satisfactory reply.
Sometimes I'm like a dog with a bone....and I won't let it go!! 🤐 :unsure: :)

Last edited:
Most of the content is definitely not as good as previous Jethro Tull releases, but I'm not as impressed with the 5.1 mix on a lot of the tracks either.
Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but it pales compared to other releases in the series.
On first listen not sure I can agree with you, but it’s been a while since I’ve listened to any of the previous releases so will have to have a further listen and find the time to compare. Which in your opinion is the best? or are you saying all the previous are a lot better cos saying it pales compared to other releases suggests you mean all of them, which is quite a strong statement.

Because Warner f'd up and didn't send enough copies to the UK Pups.
Everybody else got their's ….grr

And a fellow QQ'r from UK got his from Amazon UK....wtf
I have all this via chat with Amazon and so far no satisfactory reply.
Sometimes I'm like a dog with a bone....and I won't let it go!! 🤐 :unsure: :)
Bite on Sir Mike of Wantage and bite down hard - We need clarity!
*Just an interesting aside: I can recall a neighbor I had many years ago with a large female pit bull; he'd say "go get 'em"- and she'd jump straight up in the air to a tree branch 8 feet off the ground and latch onto that large branch and just hang there until he'd command to "release" - frightening! 😬
Sweet doggie...

So on the 17th I learned of the problem with getting this title from AmazonUK. I cancelled the AmazonUK order that day and re-ordered from ImportCD. I received the shipment yesterday. Ordered on Thursday, got it on Monday. Hard to beat that. My total cost with shipping and tax was $42.75, about $5 more than AmazonUK.

Amazon
Their customer service staff have absolutely no idea about music album releases. Period

Did I get a promised reply from my initial phone conversation..Nope

I have just come off the phone with Amazon....who still insist that the Stormwatch boxset has two releases!!!
I have taken the best part of 3/4 of an hour to explain the description on their site is correct for the DVD Audio, third party seller version but not for their own.
Because it is on their screen in black and white, it must be right!! GRRRR
I felt sorry for the female assistant who was never going to grasp the point I was making.
Again I am promised that I will get a call back with the situation resolved.
I doubt it.
As nobody in Amazon has a clue about correct descriptions for this release or many others.
In fact how many hours do we spend in researching many SACD's etc, that Amazon decide to describe with unhelpful, incorrect listings.
If only they would use bar code references instead of them damn Asin numbers.

Part two rant over..

To be continued...

Amazon
Their customer service staff have absolutely no idea about music album releases. Period

I have just come off the phone with Amazon....who still insist that the Stormwatch boxset has two releases!!!
I have taken the best part of 3/4 of an hour to explain the description on their site is correct for the DVD Audio, third party seller version but not for their own.
I felt sorry for the female assistant who was never going to grasp the point I was making.
I doubt it.
As nobody in Amazon has a clue about correct descriptions for this release or many others.
In fact how many hours do we spend in researching many SACD's etc, that Amazon decide to describe with unhelpful, incorrect listings.

Part two rant over..

To be continued...

I can only suggest you bite the bullet and order one from Amazon.de, I have been listening to Stormwatch in 5.1 now for three days, I feel better for it and I'm sure you will too :cool:

Amazon

I doubt it.

Part two rant over..

To be continued...

I am going to continue believing that eventually Amazon U.K. will ship my pre-order at £28.06. There is obviously a delay for this release in Europe for some reason, but it’s exacerbated by the fact that some third party seller has listed it as “DVD Audio” for double the price. I’m choosing to ignore both the third party seller and the customer “service” at Amazon, and I’m just going to wait until Stormwatch arrives.

Bite on Sir Mike of Wantage and bite down hard - We need clarity!
*Just an interesting aside: I can recall a neighbor I had many years ago with a large female pit bull; he'd say "go get 'em"- and she'd jump straight up in the air to a tree branch 8 feet off the ground and latch onto that large branch and just hang there until he'd command to "release" - frightening! 😬
Sweet doggie...

Well after much gnashing of teeth with Amazon, I hope we have a result.
After my super complaint about non-delivery of XTC's latest, the following happened:
I received an email full of apologies and a monetary compensation.

At the same time, I again explained, how Amazon were misleading folk, with the expensive option of the Stormforce CD/DVD release.

It seems like I may have finally got somewhere, as this option no longer shows on the three sites I have checked, namely: Amazon.com, Amazon de and Amazon uk
https://www.amazon.com/Stormwatch-4...&qid=1572026835&sprefix=JETHRO,aps,205&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07VJWWYND...1572026945&sprefix=jethro+tull,aps,135&sr=8-3
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stormwatch...1572018463&sprefix=jethro+tull,aps,153&sr=8-1
FINALLY ...I HOPE THE RIGHT RESULT WILL NOW REMAIN ON THIS RELEASE AND HOPEFULLY AMAZON WILL LEARN FROM THIS ERROR.

Well after much gnashing of teeth with Amazon, I hope we have a result.
After my super complaint about non-delivery of XTC's latest, the following happened:
I received an email full of apologies and a monetary compensation.

At the same time, I again explained, how Amazon were misleading folk, with the expensive option of the Stormforce CD/DVD release.

It seems like I may have finally got somewhere, as this option no longer shows on the three sites I have checked, namely: Amazon.com, Amazon de and Amazon uk
https://www.amazon.com/Stormwatch-4...&qid=1572026835&sprefix=JETHRO,aps,205&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07VJWWYND...1572026945&sprefix=jethro+tull,aps,135&sr=8-3
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stormwatch...1572018463&sprefix=jethro+tull,aps,153&sr=8-1
FINALLY ...I HOPE THE RIGHT RESULT WILL NOW REMAIN ON THIS RELEASE AND HOPEFULLY AMAZON WILL LEARN FROM THIS ERROR.

Well done Sir Mike of Wantage - you henceforth and forever shall also carry the moniker:

King Pit bull of Wantage - Warrior hound for the common peoples!

king pitbull of wantage.jpg

Back