John Carpenter

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have a copy of this?
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/John-Carpenter-Live-Retrospective-2016-Blu-ray/222045/

I would be interested to hear your thoughts. I believe it does not contain a surround mix sadly.

Nope I don't have it either. But I am a big John Carpenter fan having seen most all of his movies including Dark Star. My fave is Big Trouble in Little China. Usually he is thought of as a director but his fans know how much he contributes as a musician. I see on HD Tracks they have a CD quality down load called The Essential John Carpenter which is all music. I will be DL'ing & enjoying that tonight. Thanks getting me thinking about this.

The disc you refernced above appears to be a live on stage presention of him reminicsing about his career & life. Similar to that was when the El Rey network premiered in 2014 one of their first original shows was The Directors Chair. Interviewed by Robert Rodriquez his first guest was John Carpenter. Never available on disc I'm glad I recorded it at the time. Also for streaming on Prime Video. It was really captivating two major directors having a good time talking with each other.

Bought! Thanks for the link.
Other Synth related news-
Danny Carey (Tool) has a new book available soon.
'Remember the Future is finally at the printers. Over three years in the making, the coffee table-style glossy hardcover contains beautiful full color photos of nearly all of the vintage analog synthesizers in Danny’s impressive collection (many being museum quality), along with electronic percussion and related accessories. The book also features articles by Danny, Chris Pitman, Blair MacKenzie Blake and synth historians Brian Kehew, Jack Dangers, Darrel Johansen and Peter Grenader.
Having just approved the soft proofs as the book’s editor (with some assistance by Greg ‘DailyGrail’ Taylor ), my best guess would be to look for the book (with the first edition limited to only 300 copies) in Danny’s webstore in a couple of weeks'. http://www.fourtheye.net

I think this thread is as good as anywhere to post info on a NEW (re-) release of Big Trouble in Little China. It looks like there are 5 different bundles but all have 2 disc Blu-Ray. Not 4k or Atmos but looks like a lot of great fan service there. Also no info on any video improvements but I'm not sure what more could be done with the quality of the original film.

Isolated film score!
Gag Reel! Which is sort of what the whole movie was anyway.
No cost given but I bet it will be Big Expensive.

Edit: If you click on the bundle your interested in it does take you to a pre-order page with prices. I think they are quite reasonable.

There's a great cover of Halloween on the Secret Chiefs 3 album Book of Souls.

Lots of great deranged stuff on their albums. :)

Nope I don't have it either. But I am a big John Carpenter fan having seen most all of his movies including Dark Star. My fave is Big Trouble in Little China. Usually he is thought of as a director but his fans know how much he contributes as a musician. I see on HD Tracks they have a CD quality down load called The Essential John Carpenter which is all music. I will be DL'ing & enjoying that tonight. Thanks getting me thinking about this.

The disc you refernced above appears to be a live on stage presention of him reminicsing about his career & life. Similar to that was when the El Rey network premiered in 2014 one of their first original shows was The Directors Chair. Interviewed by Robert Rodriquez his first guest was John Carpenter. Never available on disc I'm glad I recorded it at the time. Also for streaming on Prime Video. It was really captivating two major directors having a good time talking with each other.

SW, I think you're referring to this SILVA RBCD which is, BTW, Dolby Surround encoded. Contains over 70 minutes of music from Carpenter films and as a bonus the Starman Suite.

4195ia3W2zL.jpg

Back