John Fogerty, Premonition. No 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daved64

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I rented Premonition and was hoping for a Scheiner 5.1 mix since he engineered it. The main menu shows a 5.1 option, but all I get is LPCM stereo.

Anyone have this disc? Every other disc I have is fine. I even backed it up with only the Dolby track and hear nothing on the computer either.

I haven't played it in awhile but I know there IS a 5.1 mix on this dvd and it very good too!!! I think this dvd was oop for awhile.....I hope they didn't screw up the audio on the re-release version!!!!!

There was (and should be) a fun 5.1 mix on that one, with a "quad feel" because of the guitars and backing vocal in the rears.
The "default" is the LPCM 2.0 but that cannot be the problem :mad:@:

Ge Someone said:
There was (and should be) a fun 5.1 mix on that one, with a "quad feel" because of the guitars and backing vocal in the rears.
The "default" is the LPCM 2.0 but that cannot be the problem :mad:@:
Crazy. There is without a doubt no 5.1 on mine. Must be a bad pressing. Did everything. GGGGRRRRRRR......

timw said:
I haven't played it in awhile but I know there IS a 5.1 mix on this dvd and it very good too!!! I think this dvd was oop for awhile.....I hope they didn't screw up the audio on the re-release version!!!!!
Tim, I got it to work, but it was hell. I finally found a disc the 45A doesn't like. I had to keep going to the menu, select 5.1, and keep trying over and over till it actually worked. I kept getting the stereo. Cannot change it on the fly. I spent so much friggin time trying to make it work it got too late to enjoy it! What I heard sounded great! Scheiner just blows me away. Talk about discrete!

daved64 said:
I finally found a disc the 45A doesn't like.

It was bound to happen. Not big on Fogerty or CCR so I guess I won't see this problem anyway. Hell, I even sold the one Steve Hoffman CCR SACD that I had. Couldn't stand it.

Where has this fabulous 480i Dolby Digital 5.1 disc been all my adult lifeā‰ Yet for DVD quality and DD 5.1 ..... in the hands of Elliot Scheiner who recorded and remixed it discretely into stunning wall to wall surround and the uber crackerjack talents of Mr John Fogerty surrounded by a brilliant back up band and guest backup singers....this is THE must have disc.

90 minutes of Hit after Hit .......Since there's very little stage banter, if you queque up the album through your video monitor and turn it off ..... it's like playing almost three superbly remixed discrete CCR albums back to back.

51GEW7H1HNL.jpg

Recorded Live December 12 & 13th, 1997 at the Warner Brothers Studios, Stage 15, Burbank, California

Last edited:
Where has this fabulous 480i Dolby Digital 5.1 disc been all my adult life. Yet for DVD quality and DD 5.1 ..... in the hands of Elliot Scheiner who recorded and remixed it discretely into stunning wall to wall surround and the uber crackerjack talents of Mr John Fogerty surrounded by a brilliant back up band and guest backup singers....this is THE must have disc.

90 minutes of Hit after Hit .......Since there's very little stage banter, if you queque up the album through your video minitor and turn it off ..... it's like having three superbly remixed discrete CCR albums back to back.

51GEW7H1HNL.jpg

I've been touting this title....ever since I bought it "back in the day". It simply should NOT be missed...

Just biggin up this thread for folk who don't have this incredible DVD.
There are two words that are enough to promote this release:

ELLIOT SCHEINER

And, if you are tempted to only listen to the audio, you really DO need to sit down at watch it. It's a DVD, so on a large screen is gonna look dicey. But, the performance is just so much fun. I love it.

Back