Quad LP/Tape Poll Joplin, Janis: Pearl[SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Pearl"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

• Total voters
I have had this for a long time. Just getting around to a mini review.

Funny but I didn't like Janis Joplin back in the day but, over the years, I grew to love her. I agree with others that I actually liked her better with BB&THC but this is great too. I hear a lot going on in the back. Heck, the opening drum riff is back there and the sonics are wonderful. 9

Doug

I have had this for a long time. Just getting around to a mini review.

Funny but I didn't like Janis Joplin back in the day but, over the years, I grew to love her. I agree with others that I actually liked her better with BB&THC but this is great too. I hear a lot going on in the back. Heck, the opening drum riff is back there and the sonics are wonderful. 9

Doug
Janice is an artist that people seem to love or hate.

Few artists can pack in so much energy and emotion as Janis can! She has a very interesting voice not one of those sickening sweet female voices that are so prevalent in much of today's music.

There are only a handful of female vocalists that I would rate so highly, including Lynn Carey "Mama Lion", Gail McCormack "Smith", Genya Ravan "Ten Wheel Drive" and Lydia Pense "Cold Blood".

Back