July 2017 Quadio Forum Musings

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also really liked the Aretha album, was it only dismissed by some of the potential buyers because it had been available on reel?

I think most members on this forum who were really into Quadraphonic audio back in the day would prefer if the labels focused less on reissuing those albums that were available on reel and focus more on those albums that were not released on reel.
As for me, that doesn't matter at all. I'm just looking for those releases that have both the best music and the best Quadraphonic mix to be put out there again.

:)

I think most members on this forum who were really into Quadraphonic audio back in the day would prefer if the labels focused less on reissuing those albums that were available on reel and focus more on those albums that were not released on reel.
As for me, that doesn't matter at all. I'm just looking for those releases that have both the best music and the best Quadraphonic mix to be put out there again.

Oh how I wish that I had had the money for a quadraphonic RTR deck and the reels themselves back in the day. It is remarkable that I was able to afford a full-logic SQ / CD-4 set-up. So I'd like to see them focus on both...surround sound greed is indeed good!

As long as we're all speculating here, I would love to see some Alice Cooper earlier stuff like "Love it to Death" or "Killer" in quad. I have "Welcome to my Nightmare" in 5.1 DVD-A, and it is most excellent. But they probably didn't do the earlier stuff in multitrack. Another band I would like to have in quad is Black Oak Arkansas. Anything except "Raunch and Roll" which was released in CD-4, and I already have. These would have the same limitation I'm afraid. I could think of others, right off the top of my head, like Deep Purple "Fireball", and maybe "Who do we Think we are". All excellent stuff.

The Quadfather

I'll just leave this here…

attachment.php

But seriously, there's really no better way to follow on from the Chicago box set than with a Doobie Brothers Quadio set, so now I think it's super imperative that we all do our part and buy the upcoming Doors release!
The more that these Quadraphonic Blu-Ray discs sell, the more likely it will be that we will get more, and that's already proven to be true!

Day 1 for me

Regards,

And while you're here, can you let us know the estimated street date for the Perception box set [Blu-ray]?

Seems kinda like overkill considering it already exists in DVD-A and SACD...both seem to be readily available at decent prices.

More quad should be the priority IMO

I'm in for this but would love Rhino to get surround of the Fleetwood Mac catalog.

Well maybe we'll get the completed 5.1 mix of the '75 Fleetwood Mac album when they eventually put together a box set for that album (similar to the box set releases for "Rumors", "Tusk", "Mirage", and "Tango in the Night".)

Seems kinda like overkill considering it already exists in DVD-A and SACD...both seem to be readily available at decent prices.

More quad should be the priority IMO

I was just being playful.

I'd like Rhino to contract Bob Clearmountain to do a 5.1 mix of Jane's Addiction's Ritual de lo Habitual (Warner) while we're in its 25th year long before I need Perception on a third format.

:banana:

Last edited:
I'd go for a Seals and Crofts quadio box set of their quad releases. Should be enough material for a good box.

I'd go for a Seals and Crofts quadio box set of their quad releases. Should be enough material for a good box.

Yep, there's 4 Quadraphonic mixes, but I'm not sure they have enough interest in general to get Warner/Rhino to sign on for such a release.
If Warner/Rhino started licensing out Quadraphonic mixes to Dutton Vocalion though, the Seals & Crofts Quadraphonic mixes would be perfect releases for DV.

Reactions: GOS
Back