Katatonia - Dead End Kings DVD-A/V

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just announed is a new release from Katatonia called "Dead End Kings".
It's on the Peaceville imprint via Snapper Music (and it is a genuine DVD-A/V) featuring 5.1 mixes by Jens Bogren - who has done 3 albums for Katatonia previously (Viva Emptiness, The Great Cold Distance & Night Is The New Day) as well as artists like Opeth (Ghost Reveries & Watershed) so this should be good.

It will be available in 2 editions - A Limited Edition CD/DVD-A/V/2x10" vinyl and a "Media Book" edition (of which more details will follow when I get them).
The limited edition is up for pre order on Burning Shed right now.
Tracklisting for the DVD is
01. The Parting
02. The One You Are Looking for is Not Here (with Silje Wergeland)
03. Hypnone
04. The Racing Heart
05. Buildings
06. Leech
07. Ambitions
08. Undo You
09. Lethean
10. First Prayer
11. Dead Letters

Awesome. I was really bummed when Night is the New Day didn't get a DVD-A release, so this is very good to hear. Also, Bogren's mixes have gotten a lot better since the days of Great Cold Distance, and Ghost Reveries, so I expect this one to be pretty good.

Awesome. I was really bummed when Night is the New Day didn't get a DVD-A release, so this is very good to hear. Also, Bogren's mixes have gotten a lot better since the days of Great Cold Distance, and Ghost Reveries, so I expect this one to be pretty good.

So far I have only heard the stereo mix, and there is an awful amount of understated raw power on display here.
Looking forward to the 5.1 myself as well.

Just announed is a new release from Katatonia called "Dead End Kings".
It's on the Peaceville imprint via Snapper Music (and it is a genuine DVD-A/V) featuring 5.1 mixes by Jens Bogren - who has done 3 albums for Katatonia previously (Viva Emptiness, The Great Cold Distance & Night Is The New Day) as well as artists like Opeth (Ghost Reveries & Watershed) so this should be good.

It will be available in 2 editions - A Limited Edition CD/DVD-A/V/2x10" vinyl and a "Media Book" edition (of which more details will follow when I get them).
The limited edition is up for pre order on Burning Shed right now.
Tracklisting for the DVD is
01. The Parting
02. The One You Are Looking for is Not Here (with Silje Wergeland)
03. Hypnone
04. The Racing Heart
05. Buildings
06. Leech
07. Ambitions
08. Undo You
09. Lethean
10. First Prayer
11. Dead Letters

Is this going to be available without the LPs i really dont need that ?

I've pre-ordered... Great to get a proper DVD-A...

Neil - I assume you are authoring the DVD-A for this? Will there be hi-rez stereo? I have a friend who is a big Katatonia fan and uses stereo FLAC for playback... I'll recommend this to him, but only if it has hi-rez stereo..

My order is in as well. I listened to Great Cold Distance really for the first time this last weekend which inspired me to give this one a chance.

Hi Neil,
you have an added value (for the surround fans) now I trust this release will be a real DVD-A (unlike the Anathema debacle).
pre-ordered!

Hi Neil,
you have an added value (for the surround fans) now I trust this release will be a real DVD-A (unlike the Anathema debacle).
pre-ordered!

I can state with absolute 100% certainty this is to be a DVD-A/V with MLP Lossless, DTS & LPCM.
No Dolby Digital in sight.

Hello. Thanks for all the abovementioned info. I really liked Great Cold Distance. I see they have a different vocalist now. "Dirty" vocals, anyone? Thanks.

b.t.w. for those who haven't heard this band, there still chance to get previous DVDA "The Great Cold Distance"
from amazon for $15.99

or from other merchants through amazon with even lower price, starting at $8.23

b.t.w. for those who haven't heard this band, there still chance to get previous DVDA "The Great Cold Distance"
from amazon for $15.99

or from other merchants through amazon with even lower price, starting at $8.23
Ordered mine from Burning Shed on the basis of this thread and a few listens from online clips. Thanks!

Bump!

This is due out on the 27th.

With all the other "rumblings" - people may have missed this....

I got this message overnight: (y)

Your Burning Shed order has been posted

The following items have been sent:

1 x Katatonia - Dead End Kings - Swedish Edition (CD + DVD-AV preorder)

Back