Kenwood Service Bulletins? Super Quad KR-9940 KR-8840 KR-9040 KR-8040

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guy232

Hello fellas,

Does anyone happen to know how one could find out about potential service bulletins released for the Kenwood KR-9940 / 8840 / 9040 / 8040 super quad?

Have been tinkering and cleaning up a new to me KR-9940 and was just curious about service bulletins released over the years this unit was active. I found one (Bulletin SB 2017 dated Aug 15, 1975) but unfortunately it only dealt with some text corrections in the service manual.

I'm not too knowledgable about this, do units like these often have quite a few service bulletins? Or not really?

Thanks all! If I find anything i'll update here.

The only ways I can think of are to find techs that worked on them when they were current or check with major reference libraries. Maybe do some research on authorised service centers from the era. I had a look at the Sams website and they only offer the original OEM service manual with no notations of addendums or dates.

Kenwood, in my experience didn't have a lot of bulletins. Their stuff just worked. Some other brands seemed to be a work in progress, where once out in the field, design problems became apparent due to failures. Carver was notorious for that.
Warranty/Factory Authorized Service Centers would be the only ones to receive bulletins, unless they accepted technical assistance calls from non-warranty Independent Servicers.
The way I see it, if a unit from the seventies is running today, it must have had any necessary updates done years ago.

Hello fellas,

Does anyone happen to know how one could find out about potential service bulletins released for the Kenwood KR-9940 / 8840 / 9040 / 8040 super quad?

Have been tinkering and cleaning up a new to me KR-9940 and was just curious about service bulletins released over the years this unit was active. I found one (Bulletin SB 2017 dated Aug 15, 1975) but unfortunately it only dealt with some text corrections in the service manual.

I'm not too knowledgable about this, do units like these often have quite a few service bulletins? Or not really?

Thanks all! If I find anything i'll update here.
Have a look at Hi-Fi Engine - Kenwood Quad Receivers

Back