Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey @OldAsMono, if you like Taj Mahal, David Hildago, and your beans and rice with lots of Pico de Gallo on top; this is a great one ☝️
1574000226877.jpeg

And up next Cat Stevens Budda n the Chocolate Box...there would be no war in the world if everyone would just join in the band

Continuing in stereo with mellow music thru dolby prologic II
Next up Savage Garden affirmation which i recently acquired from sisters small nonexistent collection

Dont know what happened to all those CDs n vinyl she used to have...oh well

Is that the Orb with David Gilmour?
There is a legit ultra rare Orb multichannel I would love to get hold of:
"Further adventure's beyond dark matter"

Yes this is The Orb featuring David Gilmour

https://www.discogs.com/The-Orb-Featuring-David-Gilmour-Metallic-Spheres/release/2555271
It contains 2 disk, a CD and a CD2 that is 3D60 ( 3 dimensional sound recorded in 2 channels. Please use headphones for optimal effect.)
I just played the disk through my system with DTS decoding turned on for fake surround...

Haven't listened to this 3D60 version. Is it worth the extra coin?
I surely listened to the 3D60 mix with headphones when I first got this disk but I don’t remember... I very rarely listen to music with headphones. I do pick the 3D60 mix to play back through my surround system when I play this disk with the hopes that it’ll up mix to a pseudo surround better but it doesn’t sound like a discrete mix and I haven’t A/B‘d the two for comparisons.
So tonight I played back the disk straight from my Oppo 205 headphone out to my Ultimate Ears UE 900 in ear monitors. I listened to the 3D60 mix for 10 minutes and then switched back to the standard CD and listened again to the first 7 minutes or so. I switched back to the 3D60 cd and re-listened to the whole CD again. I like the 3D60 mix better. It seemed much more active than the stereo mix. I wish this was remixed in Atmos now. They certainly have fun panning sounds around your head which would translate nicely in Atmos..
I had to get this disk when I found out that David Gilmour was featured on it. You do get to hear Dave jam along with their music but it’s not really developed into “songs”. I like his doodling around while the synthesizers swoosh around and pulse out rhythms.
So to answer your question, for me at least, yes it was worth the extra coin...

Listened earlier to Harry Nilsson : Losst and Founnd. I'm so happy to get some new Nilsson. Although nothing close to the apex of his career, still lots of cool songs with that unique touch of Schmilsson.
If you like Harry, I'd recommend this disc.

Last edited:
Back