Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MONKEES Greatest Hits. I know ... pop trash, but I Enjoy listening to them. Wrecking Crew studio musicians and some great writers make it some great 60's pop.
RIP Peter Tork :(

If this album was remixed into 5.1, a whole boat load of QQ'ers would own and listen to this endearing "pop trash!" Oh my, one more post and I finally hit the 1000 post mark.

"Pop...perhaps. Trash...perhaps not" (to paraphrase Bela Lugosi's cameo in the movie and soundtrack for "HEAD"). I ripped the songs off of the Criterion Blu-Ray of "Head" since they are in 5.1. This may be the only real 5.1 we get of the boys. I used Specweb on all their albums and came out with some really good surround mixes, especially "Pisces, Aquarius....".
:smokin

"Pop...perhaps. Trash...perhaps not" (to paraphrase Bela Lugosi's cameo in the movie and soundtrack for "HEAD"). I ripped the songs off of the Criterion Blu-Ray of "Head" since they are in 5.1. This may be the only real 5.1 we get of the boys. I used Specweb on all their albums and came out with some really good surround mixes, especially "Pisces, Aquarius....". :smokin

Thanks for the reminder. BTW, this is an essential collection for some very quirky films of the 60's and early 70's: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/America-Lost-and-Found-The-BBS-Story-Blu-ray/14981/#Review

81OrgAoF9YL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
"Pop...perhaps. Trash...perhaps not" (to paraphrase Bela Lugosi's cameo in the movie and soundtrack for "HEAD"). I ripped the songs off of the Criterion Blu-Ray of "Head" since they are in 5.1. This may be the only real 5.1 we get of the boys. I used Specweb on all their albums and came out with some really good surround mixes, especially "Pisces, Aquarius....". :smokin

I should have included this in my above post, but I'm always too quick to hit the enter key when I'm posting...
The six songs on "Head" (we won't count Ditty Diego War Chant) make for a strong soundtrack. Two songs written by the late (RIP) Peter Tork, one by Papa Nez, two songs written by Carole King (one written with Gerry Goffin and one with Toni Stern) and one by Harry Nilsson. Add to that a cameo by Frank Zappa and for me it's heaven. 😇

I FINALLY found a great 96/24 conversion.. HOLY SHEET, PETE!!!! definitely way more s/n ratio on this baby..hearing a lot of stuff I had not heard before....dbx usually kills transients, but this LP was already quite dark sounding...I got this on an MCA USA pressing when it came out and have worn it quite a bit...Godspeed John and Keith!!!

R-4772416-1408319603-7826.jpeg.jpg

The Turtles Present The Battle Of The Bands. Specweb. Great tongue in cheek album by one of my favorite bands. It was almost inevitable that 3 of these guys would end up in Zappa's band.
The stereo mix has pretty much everything either hard left or right. Not much center aside from the vocals (typical placements for 1968). This made the surround very interesting. The drums, which were on the left in stereo, ended up primarily in the left rear speaker and often spread across the left front and rear. I know many don't like the drums in the rear, but with the other instruments spread on the right side I felt like I was sitting in the middle of the band. This is the album that gave us "Elenore" and "You Showed Me". The rest of the songs crack me up every time I hear them. :LOL:

Back