• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to now...in fake Quad!

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
flow_quad.JPG

I was always bummed this title didn't get the quad treatment, so I made my own! Though it does separate pretty nicely in places, there's still so much untapped potential...this album has some incredible harmonies ("We Just Disagree") and fun counterpoint vocal bits ("Takin' The Time To Find") that could work great in a real discrete mix.

I'd love to find out that there's a shelved quad mix of this done in the exact same style as It's Like You Never Left and Dave Mason (two of the best CBS quad titles, IMO) buried in a Sony vault somewhere, but it's probably just wishful thinking.

Last edited:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score

Sonik Wiz

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score

another thrift shop find... I LOOOOVE BASIA!!! ever she came out with "Time and Tide"...
(what's the deal with me and LIBRA WOMEN?? ahh karma's a bitch!)...
decodes GREAT in DTS NEURAL X
So then. It's been awhile since your post & for some reason today I searched the forum to see if there are any Basia fans here. Good to find one!!

Of course I have London Warsaw New York CD (sounds so alive, clear & vibrant on the Surround Master)but my favorite to enjoy is A New Day Laserdisc. A really nice compilation with imaginative videos & some interviews with Basia. I captured it & upmixed to 5.1 & made a DVD from it. I see a real DVD is available, or at lerast produced, so I might have to track it down & do it again for better vid quality.

Well I'm a Libra guy who's always been attracted to women who happen to be Libra's. I guess that's a double whammy!

himey

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
Spin #2 of Fear Inoculum upmixed using SpecWeb via Audiomuxer standard settings.

This is the best fake quad ever and I have tried and rejected many. The recording is top notch and the music is distinctly Tool from top to bottom!

JerseyEd

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
In anticipation of Abbey Road I had to listen to... THE RUTLES (both albums) and UTOPIA (Deface The Music).
After reading another thread about creating 4.1 with SpecWeb I decided to try it as a change. I created 5.1 versions of these a few years ago and wanted to see the difference. I use version 1.31 taking the defaults, but changed the ini. file using speakerangles=45,315,0,135,225 and centerwidth=0. WOW! These sound better than my 5.1's.
Now, waiting for Sept. 27th.

himey

Reaction score
In anticipation of Abbey Road I had to listen to... THE RUTLES (both albums) and UTOPIA (Deface The Music).
After reading another thread about creating 4.1 with SpecWeb I decided to try it as a change. I created 5.1 versions of these a few years ago and wanted to see the difference. I use version 1.31 taking the defaults, but changed the ini. file using speakerangles=45,315,0,135,225 and centerwidth=0. WOW! These sound better than my 5.1's.
Now, waiting for Sept. 27th.
I usually go to 5.1 but play back in 4.0. I think it is too much to ask to manipulate a center channel. I am happy just getting a good result with the rears which doesn't always happen. The new Tool album sounds the best of any of the ones I have tried out of around 100 that I have attempted.

César

Reaction score
Tool's Fear Inoculum. Apart from being a great album, it sounds stunning with Auromatic upmixer. You've got percussion and guitars in the height speakers to great surround effect. I'm listening with Heos from Amazon music. Does anyone know if they will ever release this on regular CD (apart from the now crazily expensive edition with the HD screen)

minimumtumbleweed

Reaction score
Tool's Fear Inoculum. Apart from being a great album, it sounds stunning with Auromatic upmixer. You've got percussion and guitars in the height speakers to great surround effect. I'm listening with Heos from Amazon music. Does anyone know if they will ever release this on regular CD (apart from the now crazily expensive edition with the HD screen)
Don't know about a regular CD release, but you can buy and download the album in 96/24 stereo and then upmix it from there:

himey

Reaction score
Don't know about a regular CD release, but you can buy and download the album in 96/24 stereo and then upmix it from there:
I used the CD and the High resolution files to upmix to 5.1 with SpecWeb and both sound excellent!

César

Reaction score
They start selling again the CDs (same package as the original with the HD screen) on October 16th.
Lowest price I found is 69 euros at Amazon Germany. Does anyone remember what the price of the original print was?

himey

Reaction score
They start selling again the CDs (same package as the original with the HD screen) on October 16th.
Lowest price I found is 69 euros at Amazon Germany. Does anyone remember what the price of the original print was?
The best price was $36 and list was $45 iirc...

JerseyEd

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Badfinger - Magic Christian Music, No Dice & Straight Up. Great band with a sad history.
After hearing Paul's demo of Come And Get It on the Abbey Road sessions disc, I realized I hadn't listened to these in a while.
They sound great in 4.1.

himey

Reaction score
Badfinger - Magic Christian Music, No Dice & Straight Up. Great band with a sad history.
After hearing Paul's demo of Come And Get It on the Abbey Road sessions disc, I realized I hadn't listened to these in a while.
They sound great in 4.1.
That demo is cool. I didn't know any of the background of the song, just thought it was a cool 70s song.