Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE WHITE STRIPES ELEPHANT [ANALOGUE PRODUCTIONS STEREO SACD] Remastered from the original analogue master tapes. SUPERB!

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=detail&title_id=176957

Elephant has received critical acclaim and it's often cited as the White Stripe's best work, including receiving a nomination for Album of the Year and a win for Best Alternative Music Album at the 46th Grammy Awards in 2004.

The White Stripes - Elephant

THE WHITE STRIPES ELEPHANT [ANALOGUE PRODUCTIONS STEREO SACD] Remastered from the original analogue master tapes. SUPERB!

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=detail&title_id=176957

Elephant has received critical acclaim and it's often cited as the White Stripe's best work, including receiving a nomination for Album of the Year and a win for Best Alternative Music Album at the 46th Grammy Awards in 2004.

I might assume this SACD has a butt-load of solid bass. Does it??

ED632536-ED10-4C63-A4F4-6E527F569B68.png

The hypnotic Seven Nation Army was the only White Stripes song I knew until now.
I’m kinda stunned at how great this album is.
Glad I waited for this SACD to experience them; and their “LoFi” style sounds great here.
Hope AP does more.

3F3A4268-66F0-4490-ABC5-8B6E7256B22D.jpeg

Bob Dylan - Good As I Been To You

I usually find stark acoustic albums like this a bit of a slog, best taken in small bites, and this one is no different.
It’s an OK album and don’t regret buying it, but it won’t get played much.

Oasis' (What's the Story) Morning Glory? is bricked in both stereo and 5.1 on its SACD.

The 5.1 mix is pretty dynamic compared to the stereo though. Here's the front channels from the title track:

Peak Value: -6.39 dB --- -5.89 dB
Avg RMS: -18.82 dB --- -18.03 dB
DR channel: 10.43 dB --- 10.20 dB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official DR Value: DR10

Samplerate: 44100 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 16
Bitrate: 1411 kbps
Codec: PCM

(Of course, this is your fixed version lol)

Last edited:
(Of course, this is your fixed version lol)
Oh, I kept turning my head to the side when looking at those values you gave. When I did my fixed version, I ran the channels through a declipping program, which helped to fix up the distorted parts, especially for tracks like "Wonderwall" (where the vocals were clipping in the center channel), "Hey Now", and the title track.

Back