Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one today

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

Listening to some Surrealistic Pillow on MOFI stereo SACD. Sounds pretty good. The more mellow acoustic type songs (which I love) sound very good with a good amount of depth and realism compared to the vinyl I have. I particularly like the way Comin' Back To Me sounds. Most excellent.

I give this a thumbs up. I mean, this recording was never a sonic tour de force - but I'd say, this is about as good a version as I've heard. That's a fact.

Listening to some Surrealistic Pillow on MOFI stereo SACD. Sounds pretty good. The more mellow acoustic type songs (which I love) sound very good with a good amount of depth and realism compared to the vinyl I have. I particularly like the way Comin' Back To Me sounds. Most excellent.

I give this a thumbs up. I mean, this recording was never a sonic tour de force - but I'd say, this is about as good a version as I've heard. That's a fact.

I was disappointed when you told me how good Volunteers sounded...but now I feel much better knowing that SP is probably as good as it can get....I just LOVE White Rabbit and Somebody To Love..2 of my favorite songs from that time period..

I was disappointed when you told me how good Volunteers sounded...but now I feel much better knowing that SP is probably as good as it can get....I just LOVE White Rabbit and Somebody To Love..2 of my favorite songs from that time period..

I still wish [and hope] that Dutton Vocalion can get the rights to The Worst of the Jefferson Airplane* on QUAD SACD. The master tapes were minty fresh back then and it should sound better than MoFi's SACDs [but they'll certainly do for now].

*I have it in Dolby b encoded Quad Open Reel

Discussion on the Steve Hoffman Forum: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/the-worst-of-jefferson-airplane-quad-version.423501/

Muddy Waters: Folk Singer (Chess label)

One of the gold standards on which all other two channel hi-res disc are judged. The level of detail and space, the decay of the guitar string. Simply amazing.

R-7115476-1434055350-5046.jpeg.jpg

There are quite a few versions of this album...and they all sound good....check out the numbers of some of the versions here...the Chess SACD boasts 32 bit here..and the AP version got good reviews

I got this disc recently. I quite like it. Wish it was stereo though...so I could run it through the surround master

I actually took a break from surround and played these three incredibly delightful Stereo SACDs tonight in PURE AUDIO [NO DSP]. I just tweaked my system and it's never sounded better and played at an incredibly robust volume.....WOW....

BluesQuest Sampler

524.jpg

logo_sacd.png

Styx: Pieces of Eight

12426.jpg

logo_sacd.png

Eddie Money: Eddie Money

11544.jpg

logo_sacd.png

Last edited:
I actually took a break from surround and played these three incredibly delightful Stereo SACDs tonight in PURE AUDIO [NO DSP]. I just tweaked my system and it's never sounded better and played at an incredibly robust volume.....WOW....

BluesQuest Sampler

524.jpg

logo_sacd.png

Styx: Pieces of Eight

12426.jpg

logo_sacd.png

Eddie Money: Eddie Money

11544.jpg

logo_sacd.png
I have the Eddie Money and enjoy it....

Back