Listening to Now In SACD Surround (or 3 Channel Stereo)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Weavers - Reunion At Carnegie Hall, 1963 in 3-Channel Stereo from Analogue Productions on Hybrid Multichannel SACD. A Classic Folk Music live concert performance remastered from the original 3-Channel Stereo recording by Kevin Gray. All of their classic songs are on this one. Highly recommended !

The Weavers SACD - Full Size.jpg

Reunion At Carnegie Hall, 1963 - The Weavers (Analogue Productions, Hybrid Multichannel SACD (3 Channel Stereo), CAPF 005 SA)
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/8...rnegie_Hall_1963-Hybrid_3-Channel_Stereo_SACD

The Weavers - Reunion At Carnegie Hall, 1963 in 3-Channel Stereo from Analogue Productions on Hybrid Multichannel SACD. A Classic Folk Music live concert performance remastered from the original 3-Channel Stereo recording by Kevin Gray. All of their classic songs are on this one. Highly recommended !
View attachment 19330
Reunion At Carnegie Hall, 1963 - The Weavers (Analogue Productions, Hybrid Multichannel SACD (3 Channel Stereo), CAPF 005 SA)
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/8...rnegie_Hall_1963-Hybrid_3-Channel_Stereo_SACD
Nice choice. Ronnie Gilbert (3rd from the right for those who don't know) passed away last week: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/a...k-singer-for-the-weavers-dies-at-88.html?_r=0

image.jpg

The Upper Austrian Youth Symphony Orchestra gives a moving performance of the grand symphony No. 8 by Bruckner. To be sure, they are not a professional orchestra, but one made up of student musicians. So, there are perhaps 'better' performances available on SACD, etc...

However, this splendid 5.0 recording has the advantage of the beautiful acoustics of the Basilica of St. Florian, which was Bruckner's spiritual home. The surround channels are used effectively to place the listener right in the middle of this glorious performance.

Last edited:
I love that song:music

One of my favorite albums by that band. Funny thing is, when I first purchased it not too long after it's release, I only played it one time and it's been sitting in my collection until last night. :yikes

I really like the mix on the songs because they really sound different that what I'm used to hearing. I will have to play that one more often now. :)

I love that song:music

This song brings great memories from my teen years...I had JUST begun to think about concerts...and I vividly remember being in my parents family room...listening to their Zenith console stereo...and the local radio station (WBNQ out of Bloomington/Normal) played a clip of Don't Fear The Reaper....only to then say they were gonna be in concert at Horton Field House in Normal...I was freaking over the moon. I'll never forget that feeling of "Wow, are these famous guys really coming to my little town"???? Needless to say I bought tickets and their concert was flat out amazing....first show I ever saw with lasers.....it was SO cool. Some time in the late 70's.

Macy Gray - The Trouble with Being Myself
Still lovin' this. Not all the tracks are winners, but the mix is a joy. Always had a soft spot for the tune featuring Beck, but I really like a half of the album - at least. Too bad there wasn't a "room" for the Japanese bonus tracks (well, We Will Rock You probably wouldn't happen anyway).

Back