Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Reptile" Eric Clapton (DVD-A)

like slipping into a comfy pair of slippers.. ahhh... nice :smokin

Reptilian leather, I assume?

See the source image

Reptilian leather, I assume?

See the source image

haha.. they're for when i listen to King Crimson's "Lizard" DVD-A! 🦎

(which is about twice in 10 years. no reflection on the music or the mix - at all.. there's just been so so much "new" surround music coming in over the years even the gems on the shelves get criminally overlooked.. a good problem i guess!) 🧐😝

EUREKA, my five discs just arrived from the Wizard and his trusty Elves of Watford, UK ..... in RECORD TIME. The fifth disc was Dave Valentin's Stereo SACD "In Loves Time....'

Guess whosie Whatsie I'm having for lunch today ........... MFSB souffle with Herb [Hancock] and spices and Black Byrd pie!

forking hell, that's a sumptuous feast to tuck into!! bone happytit Ralphiepie! :love:🥮🥘🥗🥙🍹

BoneHappyTit, Adam ............and listening in the comfort of my Reptilian slip ons in the miracle of Quadraphonic Sound...........👂👂👍👂👂

slip into something super uncomfortable and rip the asshole out of your system with that new Guess Who disc Ralphie, it's "Rockin'" alright!! :rocks

I sorta favour that Clapton disc as well.

BTW what's that Westerhagen dvda of yours like , Freddum ? (kinda had my eye out for that one in the past )

good question! if you're not familiar with the artist/album already, musically maybe check it out in stereo something first i guess?
its mostly not sung in English by a fella who vocally is not Germany's answer to Freddie Mercury, put it that way.. surround-wise it does some nice enough things, no big whizzbangs but it is discrete, not a fake and not just all in a haze of ambience either, it'd be kinda 5-ish maybe 6 territory i guess? there's nothing wrong with it but not one i'll play much probably.. ultimately its something different in surround and by golly its obscure and sometimes in this kooky surround music bubble we inhabit that can be enough to tip one over the edge into hitting "buy me now!" 😁

Back