Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved Clannad. A real shame none of their spectacular output was released in Surround.
I completely agree. Their type of music would sound spectacular in surround. Of course I would be tickled pink just to get Enya's popular albums in surround. But, fans of Moya are lucky to have at least one album done right.

Saltwater would also be nice in surround.

Last edited:
Although it's not as strong as Homecoming

1571618824962.png
America Hearts

My mentor just had heart surgery, so this one is a no-brainer for the mentee

Although it's not as strong as Homecoming

View attachment 43625 America Hearts

My mentor just had heart surgery, so this one is a no-brainer for the mentee

Wishing your mentor a speedy recovery, Clement......but in the meantime. mentee, you gotta have

See the source image
and don't EVEN think about calling me Mr. Ed!

Last edited:
This is sublime
https://store.maxcooper.net/products/emergence-atmos-edition-blu-ray
Deff Atmos reference.

This will get lots of plays.

So much to watch and listen to.

A very clever, thoughtful, piece of musical art.

EMERGENCE - No one can hear you scream in space!
But I just got done listening to this and my mind screamed several times "OH HELL YES!"

Combined with the stunning visuals this music opens up your mind and allows it to run with ideas and avenues of creative thought. We have been so programmed over decades with the bombardment of Pop music, that it's important to break those bonds and think more eclectically in order to grasp the brilliance of this title. My belief is that this sort of experience is also great in order to keep our brains more active and seeing things from a different perspective. What we as humans experience day to day is only a fraction of activity that goes on all around us, especially in the microscopic/molecular levels (where the real action is.) For instance as gardeners; folks like @beerking and myself are reminded of how important the world of microorganisms are to the soil that grows our food. It's not just dirt, it's full of life that we rarely see or pay attention to. Is it really that easy to grow, say, potatoes on another planet like Mars? I have my doubts due to the symbiotics of our planet's microorganisms.
Another thought I had was how sound needs substance (air) or other, in order to travel through to another location. So how does that affect hearing music at sea level as opposed to someone listening at high altitudes like Denver CO. or even higher; is more power output needed to receive the same volume levels?

While watching this, I really wanted to get inside the visuals via something like a VR headset, in order to be fully enveloped and take this on properly given the music that accompanies it.
I consider this more Techno/Electronic than something like New Age music. I wondered if the artist had absorbed some influence from Amin Bhatia. I am only able to listen to this in 5.1; and as good as that is, I also felt I could be missing out on a lot of aural 3D effects that would come out in a true Atmos environment.

If I was a Sci-Fi movie producer I believe I'd also want to hire Max Cooper to work on the alien landscapes and visuals - you know like:
"Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

The music does vary somewhat with each track; for example while listening to track 3 "Waves" I thought it might be a nice vehicle for a great singing performance by someone like Seal.

This Blu-ray title is a good example of the possibilities I've been envisioning for the format - visuals tied in with the music. Hopefully it's just a small taste of what's to come from this format.
I don't know anything about Max Cooper, but now I intend to find out.

*** A possible word of caution- given the intensity of the visuals, if you believe you or someone in your household may be affected by Photosensitive Epilepsy (PSE) go forth carefully with this one.

EMERGENCE - No one can hear you scream in space!
But I just got done listening to this and my mind screamed several times "OH HELL YES!"

Combined with the stunning visuals this music opens up your mind and allows it to run with ideas and avenues of creative thought. We have been so programmed over decades with the bombardment of Pop music, that it's important to break those bonds and think more eclectically in order to grasp the brilliance of this title. My belief is that this sort of experience is also great in order to keep our brains more active and seeing things from a different perspective. What we as humans experience day to day is only a fraction of activity that goes on all around us, especially in the microscopic/molecular levels (where the real action is.) For instance as gardeners; folks like @beerking and myself are reminded of how important the world of microorganisms are to the soil that grows our food. It's not just dirt, it's full of life that we rarely see or pay attention to. Is it really that easy to grow, say, potatoes on another planet like Mars? I have my doubts due to the symbiotics of our planet's microorganisms.
Another thought I had was how sound needs substance (air) or other, in order to travel through to another location. So how does that affect hearing music at sea level as opposed to someone listening at high altitudes like Denver CO. or even higher; is more power output needed to receive the same volume levels?

While watching this, I really wanted to get inside the visuals via something like a VR headset, in order to be fully enveloped and take this on properly given the music that accompanies it.
I consider this more Techno/Electronic than something like New Age music. I wondered if the artist had absorbed some influence from Amin Bhatia. I am only able to listen to this in 5.1; and as good as that is, I also felt I could be missing out on a lot of aural 3D effects that would come out in a true Atmos environment.

If I was a Sci-Fi movie producer I believe I'd also want to hire Max Cooper to work on the alien landscapes and visuals - you know like:
"Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

The music does vary somewhat with each track; for example while listening to track 3 "Waves" I thought it might be a nice vehicle for a great singing performance by someone like Seal.

This Blu-ray title is a good example of the possibilities I've been envisioning for the format - visuals tied in with the music. Hopefully it's just a small taste of what's to come from this format.
I don't know anything about Max Cooper, but now I intend to find out.

*** A possible word of caution- given the intensity of the visuals, if you believe you or someone in your household may be affected by Photosensitive Epilepsy (PSE) go forth carefully with this one.
Best price?

If you saw what I posted in "Listening to" earlier about this, you'd know the experience was a flashback to 🍄. No drugs needed 😵
Hey yeah I saw your post and had thought the same things about my college days as well....

But to actually talk about the music...I do wish there were more uptempo, more active segments then there were and maybe some lead instruments wailing away over the ambience/electronica.

But this is definitely a trippy audio visual delight!

Back