Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have this but the surround title sounded interesting?
Amazon
81IU+PyijTL._SX522_.jpg

For some reason, that one always sort of bored me. But, I WOULD NEVER SELL IT CAUSE I'M AN ELTON JUNKIE!
Yeah, I get it, probably due to it not having any well known hit songs on it. Not saying that it matters really, but maybe subconsciously we all have a little of that "Hititis" thang.

And now, back to my weirdly scheduled programing 😜

Strange Beautiful Music.jpg

Good day people!

Today I’m FINALLY getting to listen in 5.1 surround to ...

Dave Grusin - Two For The Road on DVD-Audio
https://www.discogs.com/Dave-Grusin-Two-For-The-Road-The-Music-Of-Henry-Mancini/release/5827541Yayyyy!

This has been a long time coming for me. Several years ago, I ordered a used DTS 5.1 copy of this disk. I love Henry Mancini and Diana Krall and was anxious to hear her sing Dreamsville and Soldier in the Rain in surround!

https://www.discogs.com/Dave-Grusin-Two-For-The-Road-The-Music-Of-Henry-Mancini/release/6307848
I received my order, opened the case, put the disk in my player, and proceeded to listen to some unknown classical music?!?! What, this is NOT Peter Gunn?!?! I checked the disk and it has the correct label for the Dave Grusin DTS disk but it has the wrong music recorded on the disk. It has 4 classical music tracks in DTS surround sound. This appears to be a factory labeling mistake. I didn’t feel I could successfully complain to the shop I bought this from since it certainly appears to be the correct Dave Grusin disk I ordered. So I decided to take my lumps and try again. I found another used copy listed, ordered the disk, recieved the disk, and once again it was just like the first with 4 classical tracks! Aggghhhh! Well, that was enough for me so I ordered a standard stereo CD of the album so I could finally hear these songs....

Years pass....

Recently, this album has been brought up on this thread along with Grusin’s West Side Story. I bought the West Side Story DVD and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it’d be nice to follow it up with the Two For The Road disk so I searched through my collection and found the two mislabeled DTS disks and the stereo CD...but no surround version. I’d forgotten that I’d given up and bought the CD.

So, I found a seller on Discogs that had a new in shrink wrap copy of the DVD-Audio disk that I bought...and now finally I get to listen to this music in not only surround, but lossless DVD-Audio...yay!

nice one! congrats getting the pot at the end of the rainbow! 🥳 🎉🌈 :smokin

how bizarre and how unlucky were you with not one but two dud DTS CDs of it!! 😱
i had the DTS some years (with the right tracks on it! phew!) but had the DVD-A on the wishlist and well a lot of that stuff fell by the wayside when old Quads took over life and all reason!! 🤪 still, great score on a nice album and decent mix if i remember 👍

Or, could it be the poisoned apple

See the source image

lets hope so! i've had enough of this year as it is, it'd be a blessed relief to just eat an apple and snuff it! 🤣

"take a bite dearie.." 😈

"..her breath will still,
her blood congeal
and then i'll be the fairest in the land..!!!
ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!!!"

ugh, i need a lay down, i'm verklempt! 🤪

My oppo's shuffling through another EJ beauty -Anything look familiar?
What's interesting is just how great these EJ SACDs really are, as I hear various other titles, the rear channels in the EJs are just so tastefully mixed with the instruments popping out discretely in a good way!

View attachment 44352

"snow..
cement..
and ivory young towers,
someone called us Babylon,
those hungry hunters tracking down the hours..
but where were all your shoulders when we cried,
were the darlings on the sidelines
dreaming up such cherished lies
to whisper in your ear before you die.."

that's the poetry i studied right there, i should've been doing Homer instead of homos but Freddie and Elton were more epic than the Audyssey, i mean Odyssey! 🥰

Back