Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got that one recently, but haven't found time to check it out- how do like it?

I posted a fairly thorough review to the poll thread almost a year ago - it sounds fantastic, and the mix is fun (great separation on their iconic harmonies) but also a bit odd in some regards: it seems like the lead vocals are loudest in the rears on most of the songs. I also believe there are some previously buried or unheard elements brought to the fore (fun article on the Grateful Dead 5.1 mixes here). It's good one, definitely worth a play.

My oppo's shuffling through another EJ beauty -Anything look familiar?
What's interesting is just how great these EJ SACDs really are, as I hear various other titles, the rear channels in the EJs are just so tastefully mixed with the instruments popping out discretely in a good way!

View attachment 44352

So where are the superb remaining Greg Penny EJ remixes?

See the source image

As a small consolation, I'm watching the UHD4K of ROCKETMAN tonight with the EJ 'annointed' Taron Egerton as ELTON! Taron Egerton

I posted a fairly thorough review to the poll thread almost a year ago - it sounds fantastic, and the mix is fun (great separation on their iconic harmonies) but also a bit odd in some regards: it seems like the lead vocals are loudest in the rears on most of the songs. I also believe there are some previously buried or unheard elements brought to the fore (fun article on the Grateful Dead 5.1 mixes here). It's good one, definitely worth a play.
Might be a good one to throw on a DAW and play with to see if it could be "corrected" somewhat, sort of like Grady 😬

Might be a good one to throw on a DAW and play with to see if it could be "corrected" somewhat, sort of like Grady 😬

I should clarify that I don't feel there's anything wrong with the way the mix is presented on the DVD-A (with regard to balance, EQ, etc); it's just an unorthodox mixing style, IMO. Very little resemblance to Scheiner, Wilson, or Clearmountain styles. I felt the same way about Electric Ladyland at first, but it grew on me with time.

This is Miss Charlotte Purrkins Gilman
25GBbwMFWoZakWvHA1ETESWRM_S6m_HpvCk0vE1RsgeRM0RLNFSpCAG9cH0ViGUmWoekbbiSAXREaB_iORiBPbQEz96QIpct2DEpwOARC5q-ak4WB1_J7Ww3g5U7r4a30wODVxVl

Until today, she was the only "Good Charlotte" in my home
View attachment 44358 Good Charlotte The Chronicles of Life and Death
The QQ polls don't lie

Another gorgeous feline sleazing and sleeping 21 1/2 hours a day at La Casa de Clemento! Beautiful, Clement. Also a great disc!

See the source image

Ms Charlotte Purrkins Gilman under house arrest....My ❤ belongs to Daddy!

Last edited:
Sounds as if someone could use a

View attachment 44359 Ian Shaw Lifejacket

Actually, the surround mix could use a lifejacket, but I love the music and Shaw's voice, so I endure

Totally unfamiliar with this one, Clemento. What codec is it in?

edit: it's a mch SACD and I'm trying to order one from a UK seller @ Discogs.......

Last edited:
Oh Shit!
View attachment 44325 is it Mushroom, or
View attachment 44326 is it Mushroam?

Does it really matter? It's mos' def' beyond the gate--that much is four shore. Definitely takes me back to simpler daze of chartreuse haze consciousness raise that particular phase when pixel arrays of midsummer days distort my gaze as eye stare into the blistered sun's blaze and get lost in a maze of twisted phrase spitting pseudo praise of yeahs and nays leaving me fazed and all alone in my chaise dreading the day when the piper gets paid at the gates of dawn in the room beyond the mush roam gate. Know what I'm saying? Know what I mean?
I know PRECISELY what what you mean!!!!
:smokin:smokin:smokin

So what was my impression of Taron Egerton's Elton John impersonation .......... Taron was exceptional. IMO, however, the film was lacking. Worth a look and form your own conclusions.

See the source image
One and done, for me. I respect that they didn't want to make another Bohemian Rhapsody, but BoRhap I can watch over and over, while RM was tough enough to get through once.
Ironically, in one audio-biography I heard, EJ stated that he hates musicals lol.

Back