• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

svengaleekie

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
IQ - Ever 2018 Remix - 25th Anniversary 5.1 DVDV
an odd one this, seems to be cranked over to the Left front & light on the Right Front, anyone else find this?

Last edited:

Clement

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
This weekend, I spoke to my father for 105 minutes on the phone. I think it's the longest conversation we've ever had. It was lovely. Today, this arrives

1575340475663.png Luther Vandross Dance With My Father

Coincidence? . . . um, yeah. What's not a coincidence is another respectable showing in our polls.

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
This weekend, I spoke to my father for 105 minutes on the phone. I think it's the longest conversation we've ever had. It was lovely. Today, this arrives

View attachment 44403 Luther Vandross Dance With My Father

Coincidence? . . . um, yeah. What's not a coincidence is another respectable showing in our polls.
Lovely album, Clement and always knew Your ❤ belongs to Daddy!

Clement

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Lovely album, Clement and always knew Your ❤ belongs to Daddy!
we were estranged for close to 20 years . . . it was as if we were

1575357817710.png Anathema Distant Satellites

both band and title! glad your post prompted me to listen to this one. forgiveness is the key to happiness
anathema's highest rated release in our polls, btw!

Clement

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Starting my day with Ian Shaw's other multichannel release (I listened to Lifejacket last week)

1575380676066.png Ian Shaw Drawn to All Things The Songs of Joni Mitchell

Same ambient reverb-y mix as Lifejacket that, for me, is transcended by Shaw's voice and delivery and the material--man, his interpretations leave me wanting more multichannel Joni (Both Sides Now just isn't enough for me) . . . might there be a future D-V release of Court and Spark and The Hissing of Summer Lawns (no 2-fer for Joni, Mr. Dutton--I'll gladly pay for single releases!)? Here's a review of Shaw's release

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Starting my day with Ian Shaw's other multichannel release (I listened to Lifejacket last week)

View attachment 44408 Ian Shaw Drawn to All Things The Songs of Joni Mitchell

Same ambient reverb-y mix as Lifejacket that, for me, is transcended by Shaw's voice and delivery and the material--man, his interpretations leave me wanting more multichannel Joni (Both Sides Now just isn't enough for me) . . . might there be a future D-V release of Court and Spark and The Hissing of Summer Lawns (no 2-fer for Joni, Mr. Dutton--I'll gladly pay for single releases!)? Here's a review of Shaw's release
All of Linn's multichannel SACDs contain ambient surrounds. I have a ton of them including their fabulous LINN SAMPLERS. Too bad Linn is out of the SACD business [now downloads, only]. As for Joni ...... Both Sides Now was hardly representative of her output I've heard a lot of her early albums have been remixed in 4.0 but whether that's a rumor or fact is one of the great mysteries of our hobby. BLUE was slated for a DVD~A release but canceled. One of her, IMO, SUPREME abums.