Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Utopia - KSAN 95FM Live '79

todd rundgren utopia ksan live.jpg

My Surround Master came in yesterday so I've spent the last four hours playing a bunch of QS encoded CDs. Here's the one I'm listening to at the moment.

Cool Simon !!

Let us know how she does , good buddy. :)

PS : A good thing there are still plenty of QS and SQ cds out there . Impulse , ABC , Virgin/EMI , Sony/CBS....etc.

Billy Joel - The Stranger (Columbia SACD)

Following The Stranger and with the exception of the first three songs on the album, I had a really tough time with 52nd St. I felt that Billy Joel had let me down and was producing only hits, leaving the rest of the album as filler. In my later years (40’s), I really learned to appreciate 52nd St. and it had become one of my favorites in his catalog.

I remember when The Stranger first came out. I was living in and going to high school in Ventura, California, and it was the Fall of 1977 when, while visiting a friend of my Step Mother’s, it was played for me and I was so blown away. I had to listen to it multiple times in that one day. I grew up in Chicago in my much younger years listening to Top 40 radio (WLS & WCFL). By the time I rebelled living with my Mom and made my way to California to be with my Father, I was heavily into hard rock and rock in general. The Stranger is the album that got me appreciating popular music again. By this time, I was listening to Disco too. So, I had to open my mind to the diversity of popular music. After The Stranger & 52nd St., all hell broke loose with Glass Houses. To me, that album was the absolute peak of BJ’s (🤔 those initials ring a bell. :LOL:) career.

Back