Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-----------Baby... Please

(Q8 conversion - this needs a lot of work, front channels too low!)

Lee Ritenour's 6 String Theory, DTS 96/24. I haven't spun this in a while, still a great disc. The sound quality, mix and content all work for me.

A start to finish disc.
I haven't been able to get my hands on this one (neither my ears). I've got it for months on my Discogs wantlist and nothing, niente, nada, rien su tout! I also scouted all Amazons. In case anyone spots one, please let me know.

I haven't been able to get my hands on this one (neither my ears). I've got it for months on my Discogs wantlist and nothing, niente, nada, rien su tout! I also scouted all Amazons. In case anyone spots one, please let me know.

Can make an offer (and don't cha hate it when eBay emails you and asks- How bad do you want it? 👆oops wrong finger eBay!)

But I got your back- I'll keep an eye out, everybody here needs to hear this one!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEE-RITENO...7790?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c2#viTabs_0

Can make an offer (and don't cha hate it when eBay emails you and asks- How bad do you want it? 👆oops wrong finger eBay!)

But I got your back- I'll keep an eye out, everybody here needs to hear this one!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEE-RITENO...7790?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c2#viTabs_0
150USD! You're right, I don't want it that bad. It's crazy how the price of some of these titles is inflated on the internet. I'll continue listening to the nice upmix Auro does over the Spotify record.
Thanks for checking for me!

Gorilla - James Taylor

ooh-ooh ah-ooh ah-ooh! cool mix! 🙈🙉🙊

if you can't tell i'm going totally ape for this one! (which i'd totally forgot i had the CD-4 of it got lost in the piles! thankfully QQ Jon reminded me of its existence! ahh (ooh ooh ahh ooh ooh! get that blasted monkey out of here!) 🐒 where would i be without this place? arkham asylum with the rest of the battymen no doubt! 🦇 ✨
happy belated 10 year QQ-a-versary to me! time flies when you're having way too much Quad fun on the Johnny Nash Merry Go Round! 💃 🎡

-----------Baby... Please

View attachment 39774
(Q8 conversion - this needs a lot of work, front channels too low!)

Pupster pleeeeeeease paws for thought! 🐾
once you get your Surround Master you can decode it to your canine coronaries' content! the SQ record through that little box is a multichannel marvel..! 🥁🎷🎸🎻🎺

Pretty nice! Not as discrete as TWA, of course, but some parts sound huge! Like many harmony vocals.

Interesting....it sounds "just right" to me with the FL, FR, and center channel dropped 3 dB. Ditto with the Imagine 5.1 Mix. The biggest improvement I noticed is, as you mention, the harmony vocals. Straight off the disc, they sound like they're mostly in the front reflecting off the rears, but after the 3 dB drop they seem to emanate from overheard.

Back