Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved from Miles to Chase, Pure Music too. Great D-V SACD!

great miles quad alike! :LB
i have no idea what that means i've been on the charders all day and i think the sun may have gfrazzled my one remaining brain cell while i was up on the roof watering the plants so its either blotto or sunstroke! probably bit of both! happy Quadding! :SB

up next in sir-owwwwwnd-a-sowwwwwwwndddd-a.... ladies, gentlemen, boys, girls, LGBTQQ's, those identifying as an AV Receiver and all you magical unicorns its time
to get in yer gladrags and shake rattle and roll your jewellery! :51QQ

for its time for Mister Billy Paul... and let me tell you he is... at War with The Quads!! :eek:
yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!
(rapturous applause!! its the end of the thread as we kmow it!!!! 🌟🎼🌋

Spectacular Quad mix in this one..

15cb4b852bad11f7681856d96fef0b0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sly & The Family Stone - Small Talk (SQ LP)

I haven't seen much talk about this one. Obviously it ain't the classic stuff, and there are certainly a couple of duds, but I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it. For one thing, the quad mix is more refined and quite a bit less erratic than Greatest Hits, yet it's still very active with all kinds of cool elements (strings, horns, keyboard, backing vocals, percussion) popping out of the rears.

One really interesting aspect of the quad mix that stood out to me is the way the lead vocal is presented on the song "Can't Strain My Brain": it's hard to describe, but it sounds huge and seems to hover out in the room, which is very atypical for a CBS quad mix. You'd think that would really screw up the decode, but it actually works quite well. Those with SQ decoders should check this out...

Perhaps D-V could pair this up with Sly's High On You for a future two-fer release? I've never heard the discrete versions of either.

"Time For Livin'":
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 3.30.38 PM.png

"Can't Strain My Brain":
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 3.30.48 PM.png

Last edited:
Sly & The Family Stone - Small Talk (SQ LP)

I haven't seen much talk about this one. Obviously it ain't the classic stuff, and there are certainly a couple of duds, but I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it. For one thing, the quad mix is more refined and quite a bit less erratic than Greatest Hits, yet it's still quite active with all kinds of cool elements (strings, keyboard, backing vocals, percussion) popping out of the rears.

One really interesting thing I noticed is the way the lead vocal is mixed on the song "Can't Strain My Brain": it's hard to describe, but it sounds huge and seems to hover out in the room, which is very atypical for a CBS quad mix. You'd think that would really screw up the decode, but it actually works quite well. Those with SQ decoders should check this out...

Perhaps D-V could pair this up with Sly's High On You for a future two-fer release? I've never heard the discrete versions of either.

"Time For Livin'":
View attachment 39812

"Can't Strain My Brain":
View attachment 39813
Can't wait for that D-V release;)

Back