Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg

Klaus Schulze: Rheingold: Live At The Loreley

View attachment 43851

Klaus Schulze: Rheingold: Live At The Loreley
How's the mix on this live recording? Listening on youtube, it sounds great. And speaking of sounding great, another JSP arrived today:

1573104677961.png
guitar shorty my way or the highway

he's no Wagner, but it's a smokin' good time! So good ima save klaus on youtube for later and crank this up one more time . . . for the highway?

Perhaps looking at this music as playing homage to 60s psychedelic music is the best way to view this release.
In any case, I’m disappointed with this music. I was unfamiliar with this band until the Steven Wilson surround mix of Nonsuch was released which I found to be just ok. I continued buying the next two 5.1 releases hoping to like the band/music but it just didn’t happen for me. So I’ve passed on the last couple of releases without any care. When this release started generating quite a buzz on this forum, it perked my interest again. Maybe it’ll be different this time? They aren’t releasing this as an XTC album but under a pseudonym, and it’s style is 60s psychedelia. I love 60s psychedelia! So I bit, without bothering to listen to the music first online. That was my mistake and it’s completely my fault. I continue to hear rave reviews and see this release has jumped to the top of our polls over truly great music! Now that I’ve finally heard it, I’m very disappointed and feel I should post my point of view only with the hope it may help someone else research this title better than I did.
Totally fair!
FWIW, I did a video that might have helped dissuade you? Don't know if you saw it, but I think it lays out some facts you discovered on your own.

How's the mix on this live recording? Listening on youtube, it sounds great. And speaking of sounding great, another JSP arrived today:

View attachment 43852 guitar shorty my way or the highway

he's no Wagner, but it's a smokin' good time! So good ima save klaus on youtube for later and crank this up one more time . . . for the highway?
The surround mix is excellent...very immersive with discrete elements. DTS mix also has good fidelity.

I was wary of this one because it's a Silverline.
Another website gave it a passing grade. I decided for $7.50 why not ???
Living Colour - Collideøscope (DVD-A, Album, Multichannel) (Silverline - 288215-9)
Pretty bad. Some songs are mainly stereo.
Not even "big stereo"
Too bad. Some of the songs had potential.
Consider this a $7.50 DVD A case.
Makes me appreciate the legit mixes all the more.

Back