Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guten Morgen!
View attachment 43870
Schiller Morgenstund
ich liebe es!
Let me join you with that fabulous concert this morning ;)

image.jpeg

This is really weird... listening to "21st Century Schizoid Man" in 5.1 off the 50th Anniversary KC album, I noticed at the 2:07 mark a musical passage that strongly reminded me of something by Yes... I found the passage I was thinking of on "Heart of The Sunrise" off the Fragile album (the 5.1 SW mix, of course), and it occurs at exactly the same time: 2:07! Mind blown. I wonder if Yes was paying homage to KC :unsure:

Edit: a quick search shows that unfortunately I wasn't the first person to notice the similarities... BUT, the similar riffs starting at the 2:07 mark is mighty cool!

Last edited:
This is really weird... listening to "21st Century Schizoid Man" in 5.1 off the 50th Anniversary KC album, I noticed at the 2:07 mark a musical passage that strongly reminded me of something by Yes... I found the passage I was thinking of on "Heart of The Sunrise" off the Fragile album (the 5.1 SW mix, of course), and it occurs at exactly the same time: 2:07! Mind blown. I wonder if Yes was paying homage to KC :unsure:

Edit: a quick search shows that unfortunately I wasn't the first person to notice the similarities... BUT, the similar riffs starting at the 2:07 mark is mighty cool!
Yes definitely knew this album (and KC live) and it caused them to up their game in terms of writing and rehearsal.

Good Charlotte - The Chronicles of life and Death 5.1 DTS Wav files from the DualDisc
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...icles-of-life-death-dolby-5-1-dualdisc.16462/
On your post Sven, I took the leap of faith and found it for almost a give away price.
It really is a good little rocker, nice riffs and the dolby mix is pretty good to. Certainly plenty going on in the rears!!
5.1 mix by Nate Kunkel and Eric Valentine.
https://www.discogs.com/Good-Charlotte-The-Chronicles-Of-Life-And-Death/release/4400721

Back