London's 1st QUAD::raphonic audiophile listening event

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i noticed in the link they made mention of using a Tate as well as a Sansui decoder, was all the Sun Ra Quad stuff QS encoded or was some of it in SQ?

good luck for a great event! 👍

Hello
and thank you
Great attention to detail here ;)

SunRa's Discipline 27 -II have SQ on Front Cover.
Sansui matrix (QS) on Back cover, (smallest print)

Mark who compiled the enormously useful - multichannel Quadraphonic Discography . has confirmed, it is actually QS pressing

Hence, Tate will be used, in this event, just for playing the ever so funny - Project 3 Popular Science Test Record, as walk-in music ...

any other funny test vinyls to recommend ?
EC

Based on the speaker layout in the photograph, they did, but in a particular way.
;)
hello again
As far as I remember from my research, the picture was taken at an experiment in quadraphonic sound done in UK music college.
in which
4 QUAD ESL57 and 4 QUAD II were used.
A stereo source. with speakers assigned as L, front L+R, R, rear L-R.

hello again
As far as I remember from my research, the picture was taken at an experiment in quadraphonic sound done in UK music college.
in which
4 QUAD ESL57 and 4 QUAD II were used.
A stereo source. with speakers assigned as L, front L+R, R, rear L-R.

The picture you have used actually shows ambisonics pioneer Michael Gerzon (seated centre) at one of his early listening tests. Much more info here:

https://www.michaelgerzonphotos.org.uk/surround-sound-from-two-channel-stereo.html
Not an entirely unique equipment set up - I also use Quad II monoblock valve amps and four Quad speakers (albeit some of their 'conventional' floor standers, not the electrostatics which, unfortunately, I do not have the space for)!

The picture you have used actually shows ambisonics pioneer Michael Gerzon (seated centre) at one of his early listening tests. Much more info here:

https://www.michaelgerzonphotos.org.uk/surround-sound-from-two-channel-stereo.html
Not an entirely unique equipment set up - I also use Quad II monoblock valve amps and four Quad speakers (albeit some of their 'conventional' floor standers, not the electrostatics which, unfortunately, I do not have the space for)!
Hi Soundfield
Thank you for your comments.
mine is a Claustrophobic / Quadraphonic set up. I also do not have the space for, but still crammed 8 esl57 (4 stacks in my living room) :)

Back