Looking for good quality plastic sleeves for larger titles...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
QQ Supporter
I'm in need of some larger type protective plastic sleeves to use on some of the more unusual sized titles like the Jethro Tull's and other large DVD-A etc. sized items.
Sometimes I just use Ziploc type bags, but was looking for something a little more suited to the task.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated - Thanks!

Oops. I somehow read big box sets and heard LP size. Another option for future reference might be a bag manufacturer. This one is more local to me but I am sure you have similar on your side of the wall.
These guys make shopping bags for anybody and make many sizes with custom made stuff available too.

OK, so I finally got these Bellbe sleeves in and they're fine but they really don't fit the stuff I'd like.
Further explanation for why I'd like plastic sleeves I feel is in order.
A few years ago we got a small roof leak in my home office which is now totally dedicated to music (Surround). I was real fortunate that the leak didn't hit anything but a plastic chair matt that fortunately saved my hardwood flooring. I also caught the leak very shortly after it started, called in a roofer and got it fixed the next day.
The photo below shows some titles I have that I'd like to protect for the long term with good plastic sleeves, because they basically all have paper type covers. I'm sure those of you with similar titles know what I mean. If that leak had happened in a different area (say on titles like this) it would have been very bad for them. All of the titles shown would not fit this new batch of covers since they are either too thick (an inch or more) or too wide. The only one that fit was the GAMmA title. So I guess the search continues, I think I'll try the www.bagsunlimited.com that Jon provided next and see if something there will cut the mustard.

protectors.jpg

OK, so I finally got these Bellbe sleeves in and they're fine but they really don't fit the stuff I'd like.
Further explanation for why I'd like plastic sleeves I feel is in order.
A few years ago we got a small roof leak in my home office which is now totally dedicated to music (Surround). I was real fortunate that the leak didn't hit anything but a plastic chair matt that fortunately saved my hardwood flooring. I also caught the leak very shortly after it started, called in a roofer and got it fixed the next day.
The photo below shows some titles I have that I'd like to protect for the long term with good plastic sleeves, because they basically all have paper type covers. I'm sure those of you with similar titles know what I mean. If that leak had happened in a different area (say on titles like this) it would have been very bad for them. All of the titles shown would not fit this new batch of covers since they are either too thick (an inch or more) or too wide. The only one that fit was the GAMmA title. So I guess the search continues, I think I'll try the www.bagsunlimited.com that Jon provided next and see if something there will cut the mustard.

View attachment 43780
OK, got these in today (comic sleeves), and they fit everything above. Just wish they were a little thicker plastic, and they don't fit the really big stuff like the Chicago Quadio and Doors Perception box sets (both paper boxes BTW.)

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/produc...rfont-colorred1-12-reseal-flapfontbr1950-1962

Back