Looking Forward to 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I had planned on creating this thread a little later but there is already discussion about "what's next"....so it's time to throw out some possible titles and even include some that probably won't be issued...but should be issued..

Abbey Road....Tommy...Led Zep I & 2...THE BAND...In The Court of The Crimson King...Santana...On The Threshold Of A Dream...To Our Children's Children.....Bob Dylan Nashville Skyline...and one that would make me jump over the moon...Fleetwood Mac Then Play On..Electric Moo….Blind Faith

I had planned on creating this thread a little later but there is already discussion about "what's next"....so it's time to throw out some possible titles and even include some that probably won't be issued...but should be issued..

Abbey Road....Tommy...Led Zep I & 2...THE BAND...In The Court of The Crimson King...Santana...On The Threshold Of A Dream...To Our Children's Children.....Bob Dylan Nashville Skyline...and one that would make me jump over the moon...Fleetwood Mac Then Play On..Electric Moo….Blind Faith

"Abbey Road" is a definite.
"In the Court of the Crimson King" and the Moodies albums appear to be very likely.
"The Band" would be really cool and a good possibility.
Everything else I think is too unlikely to consider at this time, but hey, we never thought that we would be getting titles like "In Search of the Lost Chord" and "Electric Ladyland" so there's always even a slim possibility for some of these!
Finally (for now) I sincerely hope there's no more reissues of "Tommy", especially after the gargantuan box set release in 2013.

:)

Tears For Fears 'Seeds of Love'
Jethro Tull 'Thick As A Brick' reissue?

"The Seeds of Love" needs to happen in 2018!
I don't think we'll be getting a "Thick as a Brick" reissue anytime soon, but "Stormwatch" should be reissued next year for its 40th anniversary, and then we may get a proper book reissue of "Benefit" in 2020.

"Abbey Road" is a definite.
"In the Court of the Crimson King" and the Moodies albums appear to be very likely.
"The Band" would be really cool and a good possibility.
Everything else I think is too unlikely to consider at this time, but hey, we never thought that we would be getting titles like "In Search of the Lost Chord" and "Electric Ladyland" so there's always even a slim possibility for some of these!
Finally (for now) I sincerely hope there's no more reissues of "Tommy", especially after the gargantuan box set release in 2013.

What about Stand Up?

As someone mentioned, a lot of those titles have already been done to death (the 40th of IN THE COURT covered probably all that was left!).

Woodstock seems to always be mined, but I don't know if they could do anything with that, other than a 4K Ultra.

Fifth Dimension box sounds cool. An Archies box? Sugar, sugar! :LOL:

Given the uncertain future of the disc format I wonder if a couple of 40th anniversary titles might sneak in there...like the Eagles Long Run...AC/DC Highway To Hell...and a sentimental choice of mine..Scorpions Lovedrive...
This trio is all I need next year.... and Abbey Road... and this thermos... that’s all I need...

Other 1969/50th anniversary candidates:

Nazz: Nazz Nazz
Joni Mitchell: Clouds
Joe Cocker: With a Little Help From My Friends & Joe Cocker!
Procol Harum: A Salty Dog
Yes: Yes
Stevie Wonder: My Cherie Amour
The Nice: Nice
Frank Zappa: Hot Rats
David Bowie: Space Oddity

Other 1979/40th anniversary candidates:

Elvis Costello: Armed Forces
Joe Jackson: Look Sharp! & I'm the Man
Rickie Lee Jones: Rickie Lee Jones
Van Halen: Van Halen II
The Tubes: Remote Control
Roxy Music: Manifesto
Supertramp: Breakfast in America
Squeeze: Cool For Cats
Gary Numan: Replicas
David Bowie: Lodger
ELO: Discovery
Wings: Back to the Egg
Nick Lowe: Labour of Lust
Robert Fripp: Exposure
The Cars: Candy-O
The Knack!
The Kinks: Low Budget
The B-52s
Alan Parsons Project: Eve
Randy Newman: Born Again
The Boomtown Rats: The Fine Art of Surfacing
Prince: Prince
Utopia: Adventures in Utopia

As someone mentioned, a lot of those titles have already been done to death (the 40th of IN THE COURT covered probably all that was left!).

Woodstock seems to always be mined, but I don't know if they could do anything with that, other than a 4K Ultra.

Fifth Dimension box sounds cool. An Archies box? Sugar, sugar! :LOL:

If I could just have The Age Of Aquarius...geeze...that would be outstanding....it's a shame that the soul/Motown artists don't get this type of treatment...not surround...just some hi rez treatment would be nice....Hot Buttered Soul(Isaac Hayes)...the Temptations ...Aretha.....we were fortunate to get some Sly and The Family Stone from AF and Earth Wind And Fire...but there are so many more...

yeah! Let's get Elliot to do Highway to Hell....he did G-N-R.......so why not? I'd flip over that one....

Out of all the mistakes Sony made when it comes to surround, the one I always found to be the most unforgivable was the stereo-only Dualdisc of Back In Black. AC/DC done by Elliot would be epic!

Hot Buttered Soul(Isaac Hayes)...the Temptations ...Aretha.....

All 3 were done in quad. Obviously Rhino already did Aretha's hits a few years ago, but Isaac Hayes could be a reality if Dutton gets access to the Stax quad masters.

Other 1969/50th anniversary candidates:

Nazz: Nazz Nazz
Joni Mitchell: Clouds
Joe Cocker: With a Little Help From My Friends & Joe Cocker!
Procol Harum: A Salty Dog
Yes: Yes
Stevie Wonder: My Cherie Amour
The Nice: Nice
Frank Zappa: Hot Rats
David Bowie: Space Oddity

Other 1979/40th anniversary candidates:

Elvis Costello: Armed Forces
Joe Jackson: Look Sharp! & I'm the Man
Rickie Lee Jones: Rickie Lee Jones
Van Halen: Van Halen II
The Tubes: Remote Control
Roxy Music: Manifesto
Supertramp: Breakfast in America
Squeeze: Cool For Cats
Gary Numan: Replicas
David Bowie: Lodger
ELO: Discovery
Wings: Back to the Egg
Nick Lowe: Labour of Lust
Robert Fripp: Exposure
The Cars: Candy-O
The Knack!
The Kinks: Low Budget
The B-52s
Alan Parsons Project: Eve
Randy Newman: Born Again
The Boomtown Rats: The Fine Art of Surfacing
Prince: Prince
Utopia: Adventures in Utopia

I’ll have 1 Candy-O with a side of The Knack, please.

Out of all the mistakes Sony made when it comes to surround, the one I always found to be the most unforgivable was the stereo-only Dualdisc of Back In Black. AC/DC done by Elliot would be epic!

All 3 were done in quad. Obviously Rhino already did Aretha's hits a few years ago, but Isaac Hayes could be a reality if Dutton gets access to the Stax quad masters.

But Soul 69 was a chart success and it would be the 50th next year... plus with her passing...it would be a nice tribute..

Last edited:
Given the uncertain future of the disc format I wonder if a couple of 40th anniversary titles might sneak in there...like the Eagles Long Run...AC/DC Highway To Hell...and a sentimental choice of mine..Scorpions Lovedrive...

I feel good that this one will happen as a 40th anniversary reissue next year. (Not nearly as convinced about the others)
Whether it will contain a 5.1 mix is anyone's guess, but Rhino are certainly a surround friendly company, and there might already be a 5.1 mix of that album in the can. Some snippets in 5.1 from that album appearing in the "History of the Eagles" documentary sound fantastic, so like I always say, Hope Springs Eternal!

There really were some great albums released in 1969/79... I’m hoping some of them will come through...Yeah Abbey Road must be nailed on! :LB

Would be great if they reissued some of those with existing quads...Nick Drake's Five Leaves Left might have a chance as it did have a pending MCH release as Ralph stated in the Nick Drake, Treasury poll...

Any AC/DC would be mega, especially with ELS behind the wheel... They'll hopefully also be some random year but epic albums like Imagine released?

Hmmm 35th Anniversary editions, Purple Rain... :unsure: 2020 - too soon?! :ROFLMAO:

Back