Looking Forward to 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perry Farrell of Jane's Addiction apparently had his new solo album Kind Heaven (out 6/7) remixed in Atmos. The record was released on CD/LP so far, no word on when/if the surround mix is coming, but there already was a Dolby Atmos listening party in May.
PeFaDA.jpg

Produced by Tony Visconti (David Bowie, T. Rex) and featuring members of Jane’s (bassist Chris Chaney) and Foo Fighters (drummer Taylor Hawkins), along with vocals from Farrell’s wife Etty, “Kind Heaven” may look to the past but it sounds entirely modern.
(from https://variety.com/2019/music/news/perry-farrell-messiah-interview-1203235535)
This is the video for the first single, Pirate Punk Politician.

Last edited:
het hem (clearing throat....

TFF TSOL????

For those unsure of this acronym, That's "The Seeds of Love" by Tears for Fears

I haven't given up hope yet on this one. It will only be if we get to October with no firm information on a release that I will start to panic, but it's not the time for that yet.

:)

You’d think they (the powers that be) would want to release Seeds Of Love around the release date of September 25th. We have had very last minute news before.🤞

I originally thought that might be the case when looking at the anniversary dates early this year, but I think they are probably holding "Seeds of Love" back for either an October or November release so as not to compete with "Abbey Road" (which technically falls under the same big major label of Universal Music.)

If you look at previous years, you'll notice that box set releases from the same major label rarely fall on the same day.
For example, with Universal Music in November of last year, you had "In Search of the Lost Chord" on November 2nd, followed by the White Album on November 9th, and then finally "Hemispheres" on November 16th.
Same with Warner Music/Parlophone. Last year, we had "This Was" on November 9th, followed by "Clutching at Straws" on November 23rd. (This year we get "Stormwatch" on October 18th followed by "Afraid of Sunlight" on November 1st.)

I originally thought that might be the case when looking at the anniversary dates early this year, but I think they are probably holding "Seeds of Love" back for either an October or November release so as not to compete with "Abbey Road" (which technically falls under the same big major label of Universal Music.)
I would think they’d want to release it the same day as Abbey Road. Especially, with the title song sounding so much like The Beatles (think, Magical Mystery Tour).

Or, the surround mix was completed so long ago, it burned up in a fire. 🔥 🤣

Speaking of anniversary dates, I think we'll see 50th anniversary deluxe editions of both "On the Threshold of a Dream" and "To Our Children's Children's Children" from the Moody Blues on the anniversary of the latter's release date, which would be Friday November 22nd.

I'm also expecting DGM Live to release the 50th anniversary box set for "In the Court of the Crimson King" on Friday October 11th, coinciding with the original release date 50 years ago.

I'm also expecting DGM Live to release the 50th anniversary box set for "In the Court of the Crimson King" on Friday October 11th, coinciding with the original release date 50 years ago.
:eek: Blimey one of my favourite ever releases, released on the same day I was, although I was quite a few years before!

Reactions: GOS
I think most of the releases for the remainder of the year have already been announced.
However, I think there's a few other releases from Universal Music that could still be announced for release in either the 2nd half of November or the 1st half of December, like 50th anniversary editions of "On the Threshold of a Dream" and "To Our Children's Children's Children" from the Moody Blues, and (of course) "The Seeds of Love" from Tears for Fears.
Hope Springs Eternal, but at least we have lots of other great releases to look forward to for the rest of the year!

...50th anniversary editions of "On the Threshold of a Dream" and "To Our Children's Children's Children" from the Moody Blues...
I wonder if the next the next sacrificial lamb is getting ready to fire up the infamous upmixer. LOL (Why does that statement make me cringe?) If they do reissue them, I hope they stay with the mixes on the SACD's as these two are arguably the best sounding of the MB classic seven quads.

I wonder if the next the next sacrificial lamb is getting ready to fire up the infamous upmixer. LOL (Why does that statement make me cringe?) If they do reissue them, I hope they stay with the mixes on the SACD's as these two are arguably the best sounding of the MB classic seven quads.

Do we really want the Moodies re~released in more LOSSY Codecs? I'm perfectly satisfied with the LOSSLESS SACDs unless Steve Wilson agrees to remix the entire catalogue.

Last edited:
Back