Magenta - Area 27, Announced!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkubuzz

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Magenta News !!

Well, the wait is over!

‘The Twenty Seven Club’ is here.

Head on over to the Magenta website where you can pre-order this 2 disc set and also purchase the AREA 27 package.

AREA 27 is a members only website, where you will receive, prior to the release, the following :

- Four complete preview tracks from the album (the first one is now available)
- Many 'making of' and band interview videos
- Promo video for 'The Lizard King'
- Many extras including rehearsal footage and alternative mixes etc.

And the following to be despatched on September 2nd :

- The Twenty Seven Club 2 Disc Set CD/DVD with
- complete DTS and Dolby 5.1 surround mixes
- 107 minute 'making of' documentary
- "The Lizard King" promo video
- Six exclusive '27 Club' postcards

www.magenta-web.com

I'm a bit worries that there's no mention of DVD-A or hi-rez....

Can anyone confirm its going to be a DVD-A?

No mention of dvd-a surpirised me as well. Rob Reed knows how great is sounds, as he used it with the Kompendium release. At least there is DTS now. I will drop him a line to see what is going on, when he has time to respond of course.

I cant get into the web page, it gives me an error? does that happen to you guys too?

"connection failed"

Great news. Have loved their other 3 surround releases and have even bought their early cd's, so this will be a easy order decision. Even if he can't do a dvd-a, at least this one will have dts. Even in Dolby the others have been great listens. I'm just amazed that with the limited number of discs they must sell that he keeps giving us a surround option. Somehow a lot of big name artists can't seem to be bothered.

K

Great news. Have loved their other 3 surround releases and have even bought their early cd's, so this will be a easy order decision. Even if he can't do a dvd-a, at least this one will have dts. Even in Dolby the others have been great listens. I'm just amazed that with the limited number of discs they must sell that he keeps giving us a surround option. Somehow a lot of big name artists can't seem to be bothered.

K

I agree entirely. Rob is seriously committed to the format and also extremely good at it - imho as good as SW. How he manages to make the other three DD releases (Seven, Metemorphosis and Chameleon) sound as good as they do is beyond me! Looking forward to this one immensely; I have it on extremely reliable authority that this is their best album to date!

Ive listened to The Lizard King (the song not the QQ member!) and it is very ver good, its got a Kompendium feel, but obviouly with the beautiful voice of Christina Booth, i think proggier (is that a word?!) than other Magneta Albums... more like "Seven". As Rob Reed says Metamorphosis was darker and Chamaleon popier. I dont have anything form them that isnt 5.1 so I cant comapre to previous music... this is a no brainer (and im dure it will be DVDA (with Kompedium it was the same thing... they said DTS and Dolby, and MLP was there too...

Ive listened to The Lizard King (the song not the QQ member!) and it is very ver good, its got a Kompendium feel, but obviouly with the beautiful voice of Christina Booth, i think proggier (is that a word?!) than other Magneta Albums... more like "Seven". As Rob Reed says Metamorphosis was darker and Chamaleon popier. I dont have anything form them that isnt 5.1 so I cant comapre to previous music... this is a no brainer (and im dure it will be DVDA (with Kompedium it was the same thing... they said DTS and Dolby, and MLP was there too...

OK - I need to listen to this... and Inkubuzz you need to listen to me...;)

I got the e-mail and ordered it straight away, it would be great if there was a DVD-A 5.1 stream, but the album will be great none the less.

I agree entirely. Rob is seriously committed to the format and also extremely good at it - imho as good as SW. How he manages to make the other three DD releases (Seven, Metemorphosis and Chameleon) sound as good as they do is beyond me! Looking forward to this one immensely; I have it on extremely reliable authority that this is their best album to date!

Well thats not putting any pressure on this release.
How would it compare to Kompendium(slightly different animal) but that was a really good album and sounds awesome in DVDA.

peter

I want hi-res surround Magenta, at least as digital download. The music, the mixing talent and the fans well deserve it.

Well thats not putting any pressure on this release.
How would it compare to Kompendium(slightly different animal) but that was a really good album and sounds awesome in DVDA.

peter

Rob's just given me the go ahead to disclose that I was involved in the play testing for the surround mix of "The 27 Club" - i.e. the "good authority" I mentioned was in fact myself! :)

I've been a Magenta fan for many years and imho it's the best thing they have done by quite a margin. The surround is also up there with the best Rob has done - superb use of all channels. The version I tested was DTS 48k, which sounded incredible, though I'm pretty sure that the disc will have at least DTS HD 24/96k. Not 100% sure about other formats though.

The material is closer to Metamorphosis than Kompendium. Very much '70s Prog with loads of keyboards, layers of textures, some amazing guitar work from Chris Fry and lots of Magenta's "trademark" layered vocals, which are tastefully and very effectively panned in the surround field. I'll do a full review in a few days time, but for now rest assured that it's a real gem.

Neil, thanks for the info. Could you please ask Rob if they can make the album available in lossless surround format, at least as digital download?

Back