Magenta Metamorphosis out again. get em while you can

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkubuzz

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Got This Email today, get em while they are available!

Metamorphosis-Special-Edition.jpg

Yeah, I was a bit surprised and mailed them for confirmation; it is only DD.

I'll certainly be buying it for the extra tracks and I should stress (for the benefit of anyone who hasn't hear it) that the 5.1 is truly stunning and sounds higher fidelity than it actually is!

Feels a little like a missed opportunity right now, but I think it's been driven mostly by the originals (both CD and DVD) having been out of stock for some time.

I do have a very strong feeling that this will not be the final word wrt Magenta and 5.1... ;)

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with this group but the reviews are very good and I just ordered it from their site. Good price and reasonable shipping to Canada. I did notice a single copy of a DVD-A of this album at Amazon.uk but for over 30 pounds.

I'm not familiar with this group but the reviews are very good and I just ordered it from their site. Good price and reasonable shipping to Canada. I did notice a single copy of a DVD-A of this album at Amazon.uk but for over 30 pounds.

There is no DVD-A of this disc. The old version is just DD as well. But this one has more to offer. I would echo Neil's statement that this is a great disc and the surround mix is a great one despite the lack of a lossless track. I know some get hung up that if it's not lossless they aren't interested, but you are just cheating yourself out of a great disc. Any prog fan should give this one a chance. This is my favorite of the 3 Magenta surround offerings.
But yeah, I sure wish he'd have at least gone dts this time around.

K

Looks to me like the DVD disc is just a straight clone of the old one.

But I don't have the CD, and the bonus tracks look good, so maybe I'll bite.

Back