MakeMKV Problem?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olgitnorm

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Just tried to use my unregistered copy of MakeMKV and was advised registration had expired went to the forum to get current registration code and was unable to get into forum just got some Greek/Russian? Information saying account suspended and this applied to all the various pages on the MakeMKV website. Anyone having same problem?

Last edited:
Just tried to use my unregistered copy of MakeMKV and was advised registration had expired went to the forum to get current registration code and was unable to get into forum just got some Greek/Russian? Information saying account suspended and this applied to all the various pages on the MakeMKV website. Anyone having same problem?

Whoa! That's very strange. I just retrieved the Oct-Nov key this morning and everything was fine. I hope they get to the bottom of this quickly!

I went to mine and it said to either download the latest version or to purchase a registration key. I simply downloaded the latest version and am good for another 30 days.

Have you actually tried it though, I did that and all seemed ok but when I tried to copy or rip the new gentle giant bluray it failed and said to use full facilities it needed registering and round in circles I went.

This is what MakeMKV.com currently looks like:

Capture.jpg

Earlier today I downloaded the new key, good through the end of November, but I haven't actually tried ripping anything yet.

Adware installed into your internet browser app redirecting you? MakeMKV webpage looks like it always has here.
(Got to be careful on those Russian sharing sites.)

I just paid the $50 6 or 7 years ago and updates are simple to download. They keep honoring the unlimited updates thing.
I don't know... A $50 fee divided by every bluray disc I ever buy isn't the worst thing. Sony was going to get their aftermarket cut one way or another. I prefer a straight forward "Here's the $50 fee. Pay me." over the bait and switch crap the major labels pull with so many releases and goading people into buying an album multiple times.

Or how about their SACD business. Buy a whole Playstation to rip it! Careful with the required firmware updates because version control was so sloppy grabbing the wrong update in the wrong order will brick the thing! MakeMKV for $50 is happiness and light next to that. Seems kind of silly to complain about $50 when I didn't complain about the $200 (7 years ago prices) for the bluray R/W drive too.

But does it work....as I said earlier I did that but it won’t copy/backup bluray and if you try and get into any of the links from that page you get redirected to the account suspended page.
Thinking about this logically it probably won’t work because the program needs to talk to its own website every time you use it to check registration details and if the website is down for whatever reason it won’t be able to.

Have you actually tried it though, I did that and all seemed ok but when I tried to copy or rip the new gentle giant bluray it failed and said to use full facilities it needed registering and round in circles I went.

I used it yesterday to rip "The Best Of The Doors" from the Rhino singles set. First I tried to open the Blu-ray directly in AudioMuxer and it didn't work, so I had to copy to MKV file first with MakeMkv, but had to update MakeMkv to v1.10.7 first and I haven't even paid for registration yet.

I used it yesterday to rip "The Best Of The Doors" from the Rhino singles set. First I tried to open the Blu-ray directly in AudioMuxer and it didn't work, so I had to copy to MKV file first with MakeMkv, but had to update MakeMkv to v1.10.7 first and I haven't even paid for registration yet.

My Beta of MakeMKV has also now failed me. As usual, I went to the link that supplies an updated code and it took me to that russian looking jibberish. So, OK, I download the recent Beta and when I open the program it tells me to enter registration code.......which I cannot get.....without buying....

What's up guys??

My Beta of MakeMKV has also now failed me. As usual, I went to the link that supplies an updated code and it took me to that russian looking jibberish. So, OK, I download the recent Beta and when I open the program it tells me to enter registration code.......which I cannot get.....without buying....

What's up guys??

OK, I went so far as to click the PURCHASE link and it still takes me to the russian jibberish......it's all fuKd up I'd say. :mad:

I got the new registration code a few days ago and mine works fine. I have the link for the page saved under my favorites and when I tried to go there just now I see the Russian or whatever stuff. The new registration code that I got a few days ago and is good through November is:

T-rTYSOM9ktvR0Fihn9_2zbORtGKYXUsMtMoraj2fy_wXlDPrx6EX6Xk56opCsOK9bJl

You should be able to just copy/paste that and it should work. Just make sure you don't accidentally copy a blank space before or after it.

I got the new registration code a few days ago and mine works fine. I have the link for the page saved under my favorites and when I tried to go there just now I see the Russian or whatever stuff. The new registration code that I got a few days ago and is good through November is:

T-rTYSOM9ktvR0Fihn9_2zbORtGKYXUsMtMoraj2fy_wXlDPrx6EX6Xk56opCsOK9bJl

You should be able to just copy/paste that and it should work. Just make sure you don't accidentally copy a blank space before or after it.

Crap - nope not working Froggy - you sure that is everything?

Crap - nope not working Froggy - you sure that is everything?

Yes, I downloaded it just a couple days ago after my old one expired and after I entered that string of stuff and restarted MakeMKV, it worked as good as ever. I just opened MakeMKV, clicked on 'Help' the 'Register' and copied the entire thing and pasted it here. I have checked it three times and that is exactly what I have. Like I said, make extra sure you don't copy a blank space before or after that string of stuff. If so, I have no idea why it wouldn't work unless it has to send some kind of verification info to the site that's not getting through now.

Guys, I'm super worried. I just tried to reply to your post and I got a critical error message. Something odd is going on..... :(

I just got an 'Error 503' just trying to reply on here just a minute ago. I refreshed the page and it's fine now. What the hell is going on? :confused:

Just used Google translate on that page and here's what it says:

'Site is locked.
Attention! The site has been moved to a new server.
If you are the owner of the site and you are not worthy of our dns, change the IP to dns to 95.213.137.146 , If you have any questions, contact the hosting support!'

The top tab also says 'Account Suspended'

Back