MANDO DIAO - "Aelita" (NEW Music in 5.1..!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredblue

Surroundophile Extraordinaire
QQ Supporter
Well.. many of us here have been crying out for new music on Blu-ray Audio in surround.. and here is just such an example!

Universal Germany just released this week (11/8) a new HFPA Blu-ray Pure Audio of Mando Diao's latest album "Aelita" (the regular release of which came out on CD as recently as this April).

Some pix of the package itself so you know what to look out for while shopping :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 371
This disc sees Universal Music using the "Pure Audio" standard BD-A menu interface on one of their "High Fidelity Pure Audio" (or HFPA for short) releases for only the second time (the remixed Tommy/The Who HFPA was the first)..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 356
Also, this disc includes a 9.1-channel "Auro 3D" mix, some notes are included in the (otherwise scant) liners..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 330
The surround mix was created by Ronald Prent and mastered by Darcy Proper.

Surround mixes previously by Ronald Prent include..

Scorpions - Moment Of Glory (SACD),
Era - The Mass (SACD),
Kane - So Glad You Made It (SACD),
Kane - Fearless (DualDisc),
Guano Apes - Don't Give Me Names (SACD),
Manowar - Warriors Of The World (SACD),
Hooverphonic - No More Sweet Dreams (DualDisc),
Lori Lieberman - Bricks Against The Glass (Blu-ray Audio),
Simple Minds - Once Upon A Time (DVD-Audio),
Simple Minds - New Gold Dream (DVD-Audio).

Darcy Proper has mastered many many Hi-Rez and Surround projects over the years, including most of Sony's Surround SACDs.

The surround mix was created by Ronald Prent and mastered by Darcy Proper.

Surround mixes previously by Ronald Prent include..

Scorpions - Moment Of Glory (SACD),
Era - The Mass (SACD),
Kane - So Glad You Made It (SACD),
Kane - Fearless (DualDisc),
Guano Apes - Don't Give Me Names (SACD),
Manowar - Warriors Of The World (SACD),
Hooverphonic - No More Sweet Dreams (DualDisc),
Lori Lieberman - Bricks Against The Glass (Blu-ray Audio),
Simple Minds - Once Upon A Time (DVD-Audio),
Simple Minds - New Gold Dream (DVD-Audio).

Darcy Proper has mastered many many Hi-Rez and Surround projects over the years, including most of Sony's Surround SACDs.

Ronald Prent also made a great 5.1-Mix for the german album "Mensch" by Herbert Grönemeyer, only available as SACD on Ebay.
By the way, Ronald Prent and Darcy Proper are married.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Well.. many of us here have been crying out for new music on Blu-ray Audio in surround.. and here is just such an example!

Universal Germany just released this week (11/8) a new HFPA Blu-ray Pure Audio of Mando Diao's latest album "Aelita" (the regular release of which came out on CD as recently as this April).

Ordered it straight! :)

Adam, were do you find this stuff as I have stuff under my nose and I sometimes refuse to or don't have time to check it out.
Case in point I have a confession, had a Brazil record collector moment a couple of years ago, was looking for some cd's on craigslist and saw someone was selling some 80's,90's,00's cd's for $100 for 2 box's of disk's(around 400). Normally would just ignore but as noticed the seller was a best friend of my younger brother, called him up and bought the 2 box's of disk's. After weeding through the crap(soundtracks,hip hop music) but there was also many good disk's and one of the disk's in there was "Mando Diao-Bring Em In" as I saw on back it was on Mute Records put it aside and thought this might be worth checking out.
I see your post about this band having a surround so I finally did just now check out the disk I had and its not to bad.
here's a review of album I just listened to:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5557-bring-em-in/

Adam, am curious as based on review that you posted just wondering if this is a band that likes to mimic other styles as now they are going the electronic 80's style and originally they were the 60's garage band style and tried that for 6 albums.
Just wondering if this will type of disk is more of a novelty or could you see yourself listening to it in the future.

peter

Looks like the guys that did the cover art for Chicago 19 finally got some more work, 25 years later!

6123.jpg

• Wow
It would be nice if we could get Ronald Prent and Darcy Proper involved in the forums here, they (especially Ronald Prent) seem to do a lot of stuff that flies under the radar (Hooverphonic for example) and it would be mutually beneficial for them to connect with their target audience...

It would be nice if we could get Ronald Prent and Darcy Proper involved in the forums here, they (especially Ronald Prent) seem to do a lot of stuff that flies under the radar (Hooverphonic for example) and it would be mutually beneficial for them to connect with their target audience...

absolutely Dave! how do we go about it? Jon!? :p

also might be worth mentioning.. apparently Ronald Prent is exactly like Bob Clearmountain in that everything he works on he also creates a 5.1 mix of as a matter of course, whether the clients interested or not.. that's a lot of surround mixes between those two guys just waiting to be released, I reckon..!!

Back