Marillion - "Afraid of Sunlight" 4CD/Blu-Ray deluxe edition out November 1st

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's your opinion on this versus the Clutching at Straws remix? I know it's kind of comparing apples to oranges, but I kind of hated that mix - too much was changed from the original, and the mix was kind of flat.
I would say it's better than CaS but it's not perfect, I managed 2 listens today and I thought parts sounded a bit dull but others a bit bright, bass kicks in a couple of times and it's really good, sorry but I don't think I'm much good at reviewing so I'ts probably best to listen to it yourself if you get a chance or wait for someone more competent at reviews to come along soon.

I would say it's better than CaS but it's not perfect, I managed 2 listens today and I thought parts sounded a bit dull but others a bit bright, bass kicks in a couple of times and it's really good, sorry but I don't think I'm much good at reviewing so I'ts probably best to listen to it yourself if you get a chance or wait for someone more competent at reviews to come along soon.
No worries, thanks!

FB_IMG_1571965334950.jpg

I read that as a tricky response :)
Would you say that the mix is consistent in style to Hunter's other output?
........which is all good if you like that approach.
Other's seem to find his surround mixes lacking in discreteness to their tastes (myself included).

Muy copy arrived today and much to my surprise, I also received the signed print.

I see the Afraid Of Sunlight print includes five signatures while the Clutching At Straws print has only four. I'm not very knowledgeable about the band. Anybody know why the difference in signatures?

marillon.jpg

Muy copy arrived today and much to my surprise, I also received the signed print.

I see the Afraid Of Sunlight print includes five signatures while the Clutching At Straws print has only four. I'm not very knowledgeable about the band. Anybody know why the difference in signatures?

View attachment 43702
Fish, the lead singer on Clutching at Straws, is no longer in the band.

Fish, the lead singer on Clutching at Straws, is no longer in the band.

I guess I don't understand. So the band went from a four piece to a five piece band? Fish signed the Clutching At Straws print even though he's not in the band anymore, but was at the time when the record was recorded?

I guess I don't understand. So the band went from a four piece to a five piece band? Fish signed the Clutching At Straws print even though he's not in the band anymore, but was at the time when the record was recorded?

Both incarnations of the band have five members - Fish left in 1988 and was replaced with Steve Hogarth.

Ordering the Clutching set from the band's store would get you their signatures and not Fish's, while ordering from Fish's store would get you his signature and not the rest of the band's. The only way to get all five would be to buy the set twice.

Both incarnations of the band have five members - Fish left in 1988 and was replaced with Steve Hogarth.

Ordering the Clutching set from the band's store would get you their signatures and not Fish's, while ordering from Fish's store would get you his signature and not the rest of the band's. The only way to get all five would be to buy the set twice.

Ok thanks, that makes sense. There is basically no lead-singer signature on the Clutching At Straws print ordered through the bands website.

Some fans did just that...

Back