Marillion - Radiation 2013 new 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find! A pity the album is among Marillion's weakest. I'm seriously tempted to buy it though.

I've also ordered stright away. :)
Sounds that can't be made was even weaker to me.
Perhaps they can't do older albums because of record company rights.

@Fredblue: oh yes, the holidays were great. I'm chilled. :)
After coming home I listend to SW Hand.Cannot.Erase....what an album. :)

Good to hear! :)

They have a knack for bundling 5.1 studio albums with live sets, huh?

I'm quite fond of the "Sounds that can't be made" album and have the Blu-Ray set that contains it on my wishlist... Not sure about this now. I'll check out the album...

Thanks for sharing the news! Good find :)

I'll have to order this too. Thanks for spotting it, as I wasn't aware of this coming out. I agree that Sounds and Radiation are 2 of Marillion's weaker albums. I listened to Radiation again the other day, and it was better than I remembered. The production however was pretty poor, so hopefully this surround version will improve on that.

Sounds has grown on me over time, and the surround version of that (on most tracks) was enjoyable. What I loved on the Sounds set most were the 2 concert videos, which I thought were stunning. Such a great live band, with a superb frontman.

Mine has the longest distance to travel so I should get it first.... :D

Hopefully the mix is more adventurous than "Sounds that can't be made"

Wow - Major Marillion fan here and I missed that this release was going to have a 5.1 mix. I guess I just glossed over it and thought it was just a blu-ray re-release of this previously released concert. Not sure that there was even a discussion on the band's forum about the 5.1 and there are a number of there that have 5.1 interests.

THANKS!

Hope that the mix is better than Sounds - that was a little drab IMO

SNAP! (y)

At the same time I added their other BD w/STCBM 5.1 (I'd been holding off til I found it cheap.. £30 is a bit steep.. but I've run out of steam, sod it).

Where'd ya pick that up Freddypoo :banana:

Wow - Major Marillion fan here and I missed that this release was going to have a 5.1 mix. I guess I just glossed over it and thought it was just a blu-ray re-release of this previously released concert. Not sure that there was even a discussion on the band's forum about the 5.1 and there are a number of there that have 5.1 interests.

THANKS!

Hope that the mix is better than Sounds - that was a little drab IMO

There's still nothing on the Marillion forum about this Radiation 5.1/Breaking Records release, which is disappointing. Hopefully my copy should arrive in the next couple of days, so I can report back.

I listened to the first few tracks of the Sounds That Can't Be Made 5.1 again last night to refresh my memory. The first 2 tracks didn't impress me that much surround wise. The opener Gaza is quite cacophonous and bass boomy at times anyway, and the song itself does take a while to appreciate, but is worth the time. Tracks 4 and 5 though, Power and Montreal, I thought were great surround mixes.

Back