Marvin Ayres - Harmogram Suite

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattB2

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
This was a pleasant surprise. Covered in the latest Burning Shed newsletter, this is a cello-based disc of "ambient" music with a lovely DTS 5.1 mix - very immersive with good use of all the speakers at various stages. If you like Brian Eno or Harold Budd this is well worth a try. (y)

Ordered! (via Amazon Marketplace - new, sealed for $15.31 plus $2.98 shipping) - I checked out a few samples online via youtube - sounds (musically speaking) very promising. A nice companion piece to the most excellent Travis/Fripp "Follow" DVDA.

Very enjoyable. This reminds me a lot of a slightly more animated Stars of the Lid. Excellent ambient stuff here. Thanks for the heads up.

Especially Movement 4 has great surround. Also 3 extra tracks with video on the DVD (stereo only).
What about an entry in the DTS spotlight discs list?

not for the faint hearted more Bass Communium like that porcupine tree or even his late namesake Kevin Ayers. I still like it but my wife wont listen

Back