Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For one brief moment, I thought there will be new Toto multi-channel SACD coming!

as we know, there was a 'new' Toto Multichannel release!
it's just the Blu-ray with "IV" in surround was stuck in an expensive and extremely limited boxset.
it is my belief that very (very) few surround music fans will ever get the opportunity to hear it let alone own it.

edit: i would just like to add a bit of perspective, relevant to the topic at hand;

there is currently a Toto "All In" set including the 5.1 mix on Blu-ray of one album, Toto "IV", for sale on Discogs for $950.00

now that'd buy you a lot of Dutton Vocalion Surround SACDs, in the region of 58 discs in fact! that's potentially 116 surround albums if they were all 2-fer's. yeah.

Last edited:
Naw, just buy the most important this month and buy again next month. Christmas is better when it happens every month. Isn't it better for you AND your mail person if you get more than just bills?

with DV deliverin' the goods in our hobby its like Christmas every month!! :SB 🤩

Naw, just buy the most important this month and buy again next month. Christmas is better when it happens every month. Isn't it better for you AND your mail person if you get more than just bills?
Agreed. When I look at the lists posted by @sperezmore and @ubertrout I’m particularly taken by the thought of just how much time is required to listen to and fully digest so many hours of music. Obviously, this is a very nice (1st world) problem for people in the surround community to have. This makes a great case for purchasing a few recordings now and adding more to your collection as time goes by. It’s win-win.

Agreed. When I look at the lists posted by @sperezmore and @ubertrout I’m particularly taken by the thought of just how much time is required to listen to and fully digest so many hours of music. Obviously, this is a very nice (1st world) problem for people in the surround community to have. This makes a great case for purchasing a few recordings now and adding more to your collection as time goes by. It’s win-win.

The REAL beauty of D~V's QUAD SACD releases is their AWESOMELY GENEROUS PRICING ..... roughly only a few dollars more than current CDs ...... and the two~fers are actually CHEAPER. You can readily afford to take a chance on titles you're not familiar with at these 'blow~out' prices.

And as some titles are in LOW supply and might even go out of print ......... what better time to take the plunge than now ....... and also beat the possibility of future price increases as well!

See the source image

OK, now that Abbey Road is finally delivered it's time for the Wizard of Watford to give us some more quadraphonic ear candy! No rest for the weary. :SB

AMEN to that AR....

Think of our Universal Players as voracious flesh eating plants from the Little Shop of Horrors .... ALWAYS HUNGRY FOR MORE!

See the source image

Last edited:
AMEN to that AR....

Think of our Universal Players as voracious man eating plants from the Little Shop of Horrors .... ALWAYS HUNGRY FOR MORE!

See the source image
Oh Great! Now I have King Tut running an earworm in my head. Hope this doesn't happen every time I hear the name Oppo.

Hey guys! Matt Darey is back! He has been reworking his "Wolf" album, it's now 17 songs in Dolby Atmos, plus he released a second album called, "Retrospective", with 19 of his older songs, also in Atmos. No physical release, but you can buy them as downloads here:

https://sellfy.com/mattdarey/dolbyatmos/
I won't lie, 50 GBP for each album is steep. For 100 GBP, I could buy both the INXS Kick 30th and REM Automatic 25th sets and get a TON more material than is on offer here. The Lichtmond 4 Blu-Ray, which is in Atmos too and has video as well, costs 20 Euros.

Hopefully he'll have a sale soon. That said, if you guys wanna support a cool electronic artist, give these a shot. I got his surround stuff back when he first released it 2 years ago and it's really solid music, great sound and stellar mixing.

Last edited:
My current suggestion for DV is more releases now. Thank you.

Heheh. Yeah. Has been a few months, hasn't it? But, the last releases were absolutely bonkers ones so let's hope that continues and we get some goodies for Christmas.
I've been a bastard all year, but Santa's not real anyway.

Heheh. Yeah. Has been a few months, hasn't it? But, the last releases were absolutely bonkers ones so let's hope that continues and we get some goodies for Christmas.
I've been a bastard all year, but Santa's not real anyway.

See the source image

Not Real Q~8? Guess I'll just have to pass all these ultra rare Q8s onto some Nice 'Deserving' QQer!

Last edited:
I’m bettin’ a blood hound’s tooth; we haven’t seen the last of D-V this year Ralphie🤠
I'm waiting for that holiday season of hot quad SACD releases coming soon. I just know that something great is going to close out a very good D/V year. Should be soon, as they will want to get the Christmas buying gift giving season market. Even when I'm not exactly ecstatic with everything, D/V usually have something that excites me.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll here more from DV this year...though if I recall, last year towards Christmas...did it go silent? Hell, I dunno...hard to remember that far back.

Back