Max Cooper – Emergence Pure Audio w/Atmos and full HD film out on 8/30 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my copy in today, after the third party seller I ordered it from thru Amazon (cheaper than direct when factoring shipping) sent it to Oklahoma of all places (…I’m in Illinois…) and spinning now. This is indeed great. Sounds like the audio (but not these great visuals) were just put up on Tidal. Wonder if they (and the new album) will come to Apple Music soon. Kinda wish this was a 4K disc with Dolby Vision HDR. Considering the pamphlet inside the case claims this was something he went to Dolby to make, seems like a no brainer for a demo disc type deal. My UBP-X700m is probably upscaling it to 4K though, which is nice, and I can’t quite figure out how to have HDR only work on HDR encoded discs, so it’s getting FauxDR…

Reading through the thread, if I like this, would I like the Schiller Atmos releases? And if so, any deals around for those in the states?

Not really the same Schiller and Max Cooper. Schiller are syrupy eurodance with elements of 90s trance, Max Cooper is glitchy electronic beats and few recognisable melodies.

Right now the highest number available for pre-order is 6. Shipping to the USA for 6 copies is $46.71, which works out to be $7.78 each. If we pool our interests we could probably order more than that, by request, and one person could receive all the items, and re-ship them in the USA for much cheaper. I guess it is alot to go through for saving 6 or 7 bucks each by the time we are done. BUT, if anyone in the Denver region wants to go in on an order, we could save more on shipping and meet to hand them out. I am willing to place the order. Ian? Jim? Kevin?
Hope I put this in the correct thread
I ordered Unspoken Words with JPC.
25.20 + 3.50 shipping to USA (euros)
Total charged $32 USD
They sent me a DHL tracking number today
If you are patient this is a good way to go.
I ordered something else in the past with them and it took two months to be delivered.
It says 29.99 euros but they charged me less. Maybe because I signed up for the Max Cooper newsletter.
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/max-cooper-unspoken-words/hnum/10897166

Last edited:
Hope I put this in the correct thread
I ordered Unspoken Words with JPC.
25.20 + 3.50 shipping to USA (euros)
Total charged $32 USD
They sent me a DHL tracking number today
If you are patient this is a good way to go.
I ordered something else in the past with them and it took two months to be delivered.
It says 29.99 euros but they charged me less. Maybe because I signed up for the Max Cooper newsletter.
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/max-cooper-unspoken-words/hnum/10897166

Thanks for posting, I just ordered one too.

Has anyone successfully ordered the Emergence Blu-ray through Max Cooper's Bandcamp site? Emergence Atmos Edition Blu-ray from Max Cooper

It seems too good to be true that the Blu-ray would still be available through Bandcamp when it's impossible to get elsewhere, so I'd love to see if this has worked out for anyone before I pull the trigger.

Has anyone successfully ordered the Emergence Blu-ray through Max Cooper's Bandcamp site? Emergence Atmos Edition Blu-ray from Max Cooper

It seems too good to be true that the Blu-ray would still be available through Bandcamp when it's impossible to get elsewhere, so I'd love to see if this has worked out for anyone before I pull the trigger.
1667926939014.png

I ordered Max Cooper Unspoken Words from PURE AUDIO RECORDINGS (They actually have a lot of Dolby Atmos recordings for sale)

This Electronica release was a disappointment for me.

On screen graphics, where mostly boring, didn't pull me in. In fact the Blu Ray menu did not have a graphics on/off selection. I wanted to turn off monitor screen which is easy of course, but after about 5 minutes in I knew this was going to be a one and done listen, in fact won't even bother ripping it.

The Electronica Music was also disappointing for me.
The Dolby Atmos experience (my system 5.2.4-two LFE Outs with 3 subs one connected to center channel) was very good, but not the best I have heard.
There where some very positive moments. The LFE is fairly strong and I have had a rattle buzz in my rear sub that I have noticed and ignored for a couple months, as this release had good LFE I was able to track down the problem and was just the closet door at rear of room vibrating against the jamb, fixed.
The other very good moment in Atmos, my apologies for not remembering the track #, this track had a stop in all and then came back hard in rear right, scared me, I instantly thought, oh no system down, but was just an effect in the recording, pretty cool also.
Another track started off with only center and two top front heights, very cool effect as I have not heard that before.

Well I purchased, I gave it a good listen and watch but just not my cup of tea.

Back