Might be some good news for Steve Miller fans!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
In June, I sent an email to Mr. Miller and I had thought my email had gone unnoticed. Until today when I got a reply.

Just for kicks, here's my original mail from June:

Hello,

I was just curious if there were any plans to release other albums such as The Joker or Book of Dreams in a 5.1 Surround sound package like the Fly Like an Eagle 30th Anniversary?
Many of us back in the '70's owned the Quadraphonic tapes of "Joker" and "Eagle" ( I still do!) and were patiently awaiting Book of Dreams. I don't know if I can wait 30 more years!

Darrin K.

And today came the reply:

Hi ~

Yes, we were thinking of re-releasing some of our other albums. However, we have been recording a new CD throughout the summer and are just finishing the editing. Hopefully, it will be released by the end of the year.

Thanks for writing,
SMB

No mention of re-releasing in 5.1, but if they did it for Fly Like an Eagle, why not the others? Very good news I think.

Oh yeah, an earlier email revealed that the person who sneezed on "Lovin' Cup" was in fact, Lonnie Turner. :D

The deluxe edition and the super deluxe edition era is not over by a long shot. If we can hold out a while longer I think we will see some old and newer surround mixes. I think many artists and their labels are looking at what they have and what can be done with it to jazz up a title and rake in some more sales before it’s totally all over for a given album.

Book of Dreams seems more likely than most.

Last edited:
Back