Misc:JVC 5944 Headphones

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeling

I've no found a thread about the JVC 5944 Quadraphonic headphones , so i post some pictures of mine ! :phones

JVC7.jpg

JVC2.jpg

JVC3.jpg

JVC6.jpg

JVC8.jpg

Hello,
thanks for the photos.
can someone help me with Informations to the
- History of JVC
- Production time of headphones
- Number of headphones produced
- Price
- Technical specifications

That would be great - I would like to create namely to all my headphones an information collection.

Thanks for the support

I'm guessing that would be enough power for the headphones. I'd be interested it hearing about the sound quality of those headphones.

I just got a pair of these a few days ago(first pair of quadphones for me), they are nice and shiny work like new. Some odd things I notice are when listening to the sq/as output of my receiver it seems to more balanced with the phase reversed on one side, left on some recordings and right on others. Another thing I've noticed is when listening to a stereo recording through a headphone splitter(double stereo) with both sides in phase reverse, it seems to isolate the vocals and cancel out the background music(kind of neat, it highlights directional sounds), if you pull out either of the plugs the cancelled out sound will return.

I just got a pair of these a few days ago(first pair of quadphones for me), they are nice and shiny work like new. Some odd things I notice are when listening to the sq/as output of my receiver it seems to more balanced with the phase reversed on one side, left on some recordings and right on others. Another thing I've noticed is when listening to a stereo recording through a headphone splitter(double stereo) with both sides in phase reverse, it seems to isolate the vocals and cancel out the background music(kind of neat, it highlights directional sounds), if you pull out either of the plugs the cancelled out sound will return.
The user manual explains (with a degree of hyperbole!)-
Capture.JPG

I now have two pairs of these. Unfortunately one of the drivers/speakers is blown in the first pair and is very difficult to replace if you could even find something to replace it with. That being said I really like these phones, they sound good and the drivers are spaced horizontally and so do provide some front to back separation. Many of the Koss phones place the drivers vertically which is almost useless for providing any kind of surround effect. The phase switch is part of what Koss also does with the Phase 2+2's, The phase idea originally came from the "Fixler Effect" headphones.

one of the drivers/speakers is blown in the first pair and is very difficult to replace if you could even find something to replace it with.
So you have opened these before? I've read that the drivers are 1.5 in which is 38.1mm, most replacement drivers are 40mm. Do you think there is room for 40mm? I dont want to open mine su de they are still working but it would be nice if they went as loud as my Sony MDRV6 which have 40mm.

Actually they measure 50 mm. The diaphragm itself would be 40 mm, but they have a metal ring around the outside and they are held in place by four rivets. I wouldn't try to replace them unless they were damaged.
I recently repaired a set of Koss K/6LCO using drivers from AliExpress said to be for Sony MDR models. They actually sound good, not as much bass as the original Koss but cleaner mids and highs and about the same volume level.

Back