Music Direct has those early narrow hinge Super Jewel Case available for sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Last week, after the devastating news of Ric Ocasek's passing, I ordered one of Mobile Fidelity's 24K gold CD of The Cars' "Candy-O". Along with the CD, I ordered 10 replacement Super Jewel Cases as spares. However, when I received my package, I noticed all of the Super Jewel Cases were of the early narrow hinge type.....which I don't think one can buy anymore. So, being the geeky guy that I am, I called up Music Direct and spoke with them about the narrow hinge Super Jewel Cases. The representative said there's no distinction made on MD's website on what kind of Super Jewel Case you will get when you order (the early narrow hinge vs. the current wide hinge), and short of him going to the warehouse to make sure, it's really a luck of the draw.

So, if you're looking for those narrow hinge Super Jewel Case, you may want to check with Music Direct.

Edit: Since I didn't expect the narrow hinge Super Jewel Cases, I put in a second order.....which I'm hoping to be the current wide hinge version.

Last edited:
Last week, after the devastating news of Ric Ocasek's passing, I ordered one of Mobile Fidelity's 24K gold CD of The Cars' "Candy-O". Along with the CD, I ordered 10 replacement Super Jewel Cases as spares. However, when I received my package, I noticed all of the Super Jewel Cases were of the early narrow hinge type.....which I don't think one can buy anymore. So, being the geeky guy that I am, I called up Music Direct and spoke with them about the narrow hinge Super Jewel Cases. The representative said there's no distinction made on MD's website on what kind of Super Jewel Case you will get when you order (the early narrow hinge vs. the current wide hinge), and short of him going to the warehouse to make sure, it's really a luck of the draw.

So, if you're looking for those narrow hinge Super Jewel Case, you may want to check with Music Direct.

Edit: Since I didn't expect the narrow hinge Super Jewel Cases, I put in a second order.....which I'm hoping to be the current wide hinge version.

Now that is a real shame, I've already got a large box full of the wide hinge cases; that was a very fortunate find there @soundboy !

Back