Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most DVDAs were 5.1. Are you sure you haven’t lost any information by converting to 4.1?

I can add an option to MMH to change a five channel file (from a 4.1 layout) to 5.1 today while making the other change for n above to make a 5.1 from a 5.0 layout.

A new version of MMH is now available with the Remix tool having two new options:

1. Add Silent Centre Channel to a 5 Ch file (convert 4.1 to 5.1)
  2. Add Silent LFE Channel to a 5 Ch file (convert 5.0 to 5.1)
WARNING: MMH will convert any 5 channel file using one of those options so please ensure you’re converting with the correct option for your audio files

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification n.

I’ll add a new option to add a silent LFE to a 5 channel file ASAP. Should be ready within 24hrs. I’ll post here when uploaded.
Any way to add a silent center with an existing LFE? That my problem. Many projects done in 4.1

Any way to add a silent center with an existing LFE? That my problem. Many projects done in 4.1

Yes. In today's update:

A new version of MMH is now available with the Remix tool having two new options:
  1. Add Silent Centre Channel to a 5 Ch file (convert 4.1 to 5.1)

Last edited:
I tried to update my Music Media Helper. The new updates did download, but when clicking on the icon, it says"Application can not be started, contact the application vendor. Is there a proper link in this thread to the new program please? Thanks for adding support to 4.1. A BIG help for me!

I tried to update my Music Media Helper. The new updates did download, but when clicking on the icon, it says"Application can not be started, contact the application vendor.

Was there an error message with any more detail please?

I tried to update my Music Media Helper. The new updates did download, but when clicking on the icon, it says"Application can not be started, contact the application vendor. Is there a proper link in this thread to the new program please? Thanks for adding support to 4.1. A BIG help for me!
Mine has downloaded and runs with no issues. However, "Application cannot be started" is often a Windows Defender 'error' where when you click on Details it says insufficient users of this App (even world wide - we're a small bunch of people!) so it doesn't recognise it. In the Details option force it to Run Anyway. Another issue is often with Norton protection where you have to force it to Run Always, again due to insufficient users. If that doesn't work in Details get the Error Log file that windows generates and get it to Garry (HomerJAU).

Thanks for your post Duncan.

I’m going to rebuild the app using .NET 4.6.2 (currently its built against 4.6.1) and upload a new version.

I recently updated one component that requires 4.6.2 but didn’t actually compile against 4.6.2. It runs ok on my dev PC but this may be a problem on non-dev PCs. Mine has a few .NET versions installed. I’m not sure though without detailed error messages, but I’ll do this today and upload a new version.

3.4.19 downloaded and up. The .NET looks to have removed any Windows Defender issues, but Norton made me push the Always Run/Allow button. It only gives you about 50 secs to react, before it deletes everything from the HDD, so I couldn't capture why. But it looks like its standard response, so if used by less than some arbitrary number of users it tries to stop it. It might have said certificate error, but that could be a Norton certificate.

Thanks again.

The app has a new Code Signing Certifcate so it should be ok, although as you say, MMH has very few users so its ‘reputation’ will always be low hence the security warnings.

It’s probably a waste of time and money for me to bother signing the app. with the number of users it has... Anyway I renewed the cert for 2yrs ($200 AUD) in January. My subscription for the .NET UI components expired a few days back. I’m not renewing that ($960 AUD) as I’m not using it for any commercial work any longer. I can still use it just won’t get any future updates/upgrades.

In the first post on this thread. I've just updated the link to download the zip file. However the web online installer adds auto-update so that's probably the better option.
I still get the same message when starting the program: Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor. I was able to run the last updated program, but now it won't run.

Did you install the latest version from the zip or via the web page download?

On the error screen does it have any further information or have a button to display more info? If so, please copy and post here please.

Sorry for the Headaches. I uninstalled the program, then re installed the new program. That's what I had to do last time. Everything works fine.

I had Music Media Helper throw an error and would not add a silent channel to some files so I'm assuming something wrong with the files' header?
"Error opening media file...(path and name of file).......File does not begin with RIFF Identifier"
So I went back to my usual method of using Audition to split into monos, then reduce the gain to -96 on one mono and rename it as a Center. Audition never complained so I'm not 100% on what happened......
EDIT: OK there is definitely something wrong with this group of files....not sure what it is but it's not any fault of the Helper app of course.

Last edited:
Back