• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Sign "O" The Times - Prince (BD Atmos etc)

Freddie- I’m really interested in your thoughts on this mix (I don’t have this version); ‘cause what’s been done (or rather not been done) so far with Prince’s catalog Surround wise- is a damn bloody shame :mad:
For funk’s sake; it could really be special!

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Freddie- I’m really interested in your thoughts on this mix (I don’t have this version); ‘cause what’s been done (or rather not been done) so far with Prince’s catalog Surround wise- is a damn bloody shame :mad:
For funk’s sake; it could really be special!
i'll let you know! 👍

beerking

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
i'll let you know! 👍
Very interested in your opinion Adam. I too, have this release...and to say I'm underwhelmed by the mix is putting it mildly.
Sorry Pups, unless I've missed something, it's as you feared.

Great performance though.
My first and only Prince release.
A very talented young man.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Reaction score
Psurroundabout Ride - Dukes of XTC Blu-Ray/CD. IMHO, their best album. This is the third copy I've bought: CD (Chips), xpanded UK CD's are the others.

Just showed up this morning. I had this preordered for weeks at Amazon. Several of you complained (quite rightly) about this and other delayed new releases through Amazon. Prime, my ass!

The56Kid

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Psurroundabout Ride - Dukes of XTC Blu-Ray/CD. IMHO, their best album. This is the third copy I've bought: CD (Chips), xpanded UK CD's are the others.

Just showed up this morning. I had this preordered for weeks at Amazon. Several of you complained (quite rightly) about this and other delayed new releases through Amazon. Prime, my ass!
Love to hear your opinion on the new Wilson mix, Linda!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
King Crimson-ITCOTCK 3 cd/Blu ray set
An extremely classy 2019 Steve Wilson remix and package. Comes in a very sturdy slipcase and each disc is in a paper sleeve and the extras which are on the 3 RBCDs are also included in their entirety in hi res on the Blu Ray Audio disc in 96/24 resolution. And absolutely NO issues with the menus. Everything is clear and concise [the way I always heard it should be]!

The album sounds like it was recorded yesterday and one could only hope, wish and dream that Steve Wilson was on hand to remix every classic rock/jazz and pop album ever recorded in SURROUND.

A solid home run. Even if you have the DVD~A [which I haven't compared as yet], this remix/remaster belongs in every KING CRIMSON L❤ver's collection.

Last edited: