Need recommendation for USB 5.1 Audio Soundcard with analog output

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloop

Hello,
I need a recommendation for USB 5.1 soundcard with analog output, as I only use a 70s Quadraphonic Sansui Receiver, which surprisingly does not have a HDMI input.
The card should have a downmix option for the center channel like BluRay Players have. Don't know if such a device exists...

Just be aware of one thing, if you're going the HDMI way: with Intel chipsets, not all can do hi-rez. If your laptop has AMD, you're set.

Got a HDMI to analog decoder now.
But in Windows 10, on speaker setup, only stereo is available. How can I enable 'quadraphonic' or '5.1'?
I already looked around in the net, found a lot, but nothing really helpful...

Last edited:
First, connect the hdmi2analog
Second, Control Panel / Sound / select the HDMI OUT of the PC / Configure

stereo.PNG

stereo2.PNG

I am wondering if this could be a driver issue...
I remember using a laptop that had a dual graphic card (one of which was a typical Nvidia Quadro). In that case, I had to install the drivers (from the Nvidia website) to be able to get 5.1 audio out from my HDMI port.

It is set to 5.1 ch? There's a switch on the front.

Can you try it on a different PC with Hdmi? The description of the hdmi2analog you bought isn't so clear if multichannel analog is only for dd/dts and all the rest goes only on passthrough...

Back