• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Neuland (Tangerine Dream members Peter Baumann and Paul Haslinger) Blu Ray - Nov 22, 2019 release date

elmer

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score

Ninecats

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Interesting! Me always appreciate some kosmische musiken... I take it Neuland is a Neu! reference :)

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
the two tracks sound pretty good, I've put this on my "wish list" (birthday coming next month!) and hopefully it will have a 5.1 mix included.

jefe1

Reaction score
Hey Fredblue is that the Captain and Tennille?
Oh no here comes Jon better run and hide....

IMachine

Reaction score
Can someone please explain why a 5.1 or ATMOS format would diminish the audio quality?!?

That statement makes no sense to me, unless they were only trying to provide a 'positive spin' on why there is no surround format.
A friend of mine says it all the time.
He says that surround is always less punchy than stereo. And in most cases....I‘m with him.
It‘s an alternative to consume music.
I like both. :)

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
A friend of mine says it all the time.
He says that surround is always less punchy than stereo. And in most cases....I‘m with him.
It‘s an alternative to consume music.
I like both. :)
always is such a strong word! 😉
your friends' setup and the surround mixes your friend has tried so far to bring them to that conclusion are the kinds of things i'd be interested in learning more about, are they a member of QQ? ☺

IMachine

Reaction score
always is such a strong word! 😉
your friends' setup and the surround mixes your friend has tried so far to bring them to that conclusion are the kinds of things i'd be interested in learning more about, are they a member of QQ? ☺
Always! Jep...a strong word. He is very traditional...also with sound!
He has no surround system.
He only listens here at my flat.

We are recording an album right now, and perhaps I will transfer it into quad. We will see...