New - Anathema "We're Here Because We're Here" DVDA on Snapper/KScope

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just off to replication this morning is the forthcoming new release fromn Anathema.
Mixed in 5.1 & Stereo by Steven Wilson, this is the latest from these guys.
Very melodic yet powerful at the same time without being overblown.
Out on May 31st

A DVD-A mixed in 5.1 by SW is hard to pass (on).
Because Steven has a very special "taste" I better do a quick check on Anathema first, I will most likely end up buying this.
BTW Steven Wilson did the stereo mix too, so he was half way doing the surround-mix already. :)

Great news, thanks Neil! And this surely brings memories... I did a phoner with the band on 9/11, spent more time talking CNN than music...

Good to know they're still around - order placed with one extra copy for the other surround guy over here;)

Anathema? Always nice to have more music in 5.1. SW is the hardest working man in the surround music business!!! [Edit: Though you're right up there, too, Neil!]

I've always had very high expectations about this album, even though I usually try to dismantle any kind of "expectation" about a new album from any band since my numerous and wide disappointments from these last years.

But there's something clicking about this release. I've been asking everywhere for a vinyl release, for months. I had no answer whatsoever. Of course, it was still unsure that this album would even be released on CD a few weeks ago, plus I had read from Steven Wilson's own words that he wouldn't work on this album because of tight schedule.

And now, one month from the release, without any warning, we get an official release from a highly famed label, a great cover (sometimes it counts !), an unexpected vinyl release, an even more unexpected mix from Darth Wilson,and now this : a nicely priced lossless DVD-A. So when they say this album is their best to date and by far, well, maybe for once in a million I'll trust them.

PS : If many of you haven't really heard Anathema yet, please, PLEASE give a try to their album JUDGEMENT. It's such a masterpiece I don't even want to try to describe it. It's just... beauty. Pure beauty. A bit dark, but still a beauty.

Yeah, Wilson had too many things going on to produce this album, So I'm very happy he did make a 5.1 mix. And most DVD-A's nowadays are more or less unexpected :)

You can read some more info about the album here. (every artist thinks their latest work is the best, of course, or wouldn't tell you otherwise).

I'll bet this is going to be great. I heard some of their prior material and I think SW should consider remixing their catologue back to 1999 in 5.1.

Their music is perfect for surround.

Your Burning Shed order has been posted

The following items have been sent:
1 x Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here - special edition (CD + DVD-A IN MEDIABOOK preorder)

YES!!

that email should have been titled "It's sent because it's sent" :D

p.s Happy Towel Day everyone!

Got my "sent" email today, and a quick word about Burning Shed's service:

Lisa, from "Support@", sent me a personal email to confirm that I ordered 2 copies of this release. Apparently I clicked on the pre-order twice and didn't notice. She did though, hence the question. I replied that I'd screwed up, but would accept both copies anyway (since I know someone who'd appreciate the gift), and thanked her for her diligence and personal touch.

That's the kind of service we rarely see anymore, and who's absence we are quick to lament. I know some feel safer ordering from Amazon, but my experience dealing with Burning Shed has been outstanding!

Got my "sent" email today, and a quick word about Burning Shed's service:

Lisa, from "Support@", sent me a personal email to confirm that I ordered 2 copies of this release. Apparently I clicked on the pre-order twice and didn't notice. She did though, hence the question. I replied that I'd screwed up, but would accept both copies anyway (since I know someone who'd appreciate the gift), and thanked her for her diligence and personal touch.

That's the kind of service we rarely see anymore, and who's absence we are quick to lament. I know some feel safer ordering from Amazon, but my experience dealing with Burning Shed has been outstanding!

And for those with a sense of humor, the reason for checking?
"We can never tell here if it's intentional or not. Some people order 2 of everything- one to play and one to keep sealed in a climate-controlled vault".

Got mine today but won't have a chance to listen to it until tomorrow morning.

Back